How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Catch-up » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Well. Feeling somewhat less than thrilled. When the cat passed away and then we had to pop for a new water heater, hubby and I joked that these things usually come in 3's. Number 3 has arrived. Took my car in for an oil change (and had the nerve to feel sorry for myself about that, because hubby usually takes care of these things :oops: ) and was informed that my car needs almost $2k in maintenance. :roll: Not entirely surprised that it needs maintenance, but can't say I was quite expecting that.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Ouch :( That seems a bit excessive though?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I thought so! But, it is 10 years old. Doesn't seem like I've had it that long! Front struts, oilpan, left front axle shaft, I guess it all adds up.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:16 pm

The trouble is that when they start having bills like that cars keep having bills like that. Probably a good idea to look at replacing it
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:34 am

2K car bill - ouch :shock: :( . Hope you get it sorted
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 am

Today my fingers are worn out from typing already and my brain is turning to mush.......and I've still got to go to work :roll: . I've been sending emails to parish councilors, district councilors, and even MPs.

Part of the developer's strategy around here is to try and make our village sound like its part of or near the next village. I mean, geographically it is fairly close, but we are a separate albeit sprawling village. So on a number of Developers planning applications recently they have been starting to call the area around me South M-------. This is creeping in the the Councils planning documents as well and they link South M------- with the next village which has better shopping faciities etc, so that South M------- sounds more sustainable for intense building.

So I've been objecting to this. I've lived in/known this aread for 41 years and there's no such place as South M-------. So I've suggested to all and sundry that they either furnish me with a map showing the new village, details of it's parish boundary, contact details for it's elected parish councilors, pictures of the village place names/boundary signs etc. And if they can't do that, then they must delete all reference to South M------- on their official planning statements, as it does not exist.

I don't hold out any hope that it will happen, but it's another step to stopping the developers. That and the fact that I know that about 50 others are going to write similar letters to the same list of councilors MPs etc. Let's give them some work to do eh :evil:
chillicamper

Postby janet » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 am

Even more important to get your local press on the case, Chilli. Community newspaper? Parish news?
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 am

janet wrote:Even more important to get your local press on the case, Chilli. Community newspaper? Parish news?

Local paper had the front page dedicated to the development news last week. Hopeing the turnout for the recent developer meeting makes the front page next week - the reporter was there taking quotes - but I'm not sure many of them were polite enough to use :lol:
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

That all sounds really promising Chilli! Keep at them.

The Mad Collector wrote:The trouble is that when they start having bills like that cars keep having bills like that. Probably a good idea to look at replacing it

We did discuss that possibility. Since the wear isn't indicative of a long term problem, we decided to go ahead with the repair. We'll probably replace it in a few years though.
Catch-up

Postby Conforumist » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Mom has had a few complications and is still in the hospital.

I fell down the stairs early this morning. I went to work for a bit, but my right elbow and hip were too sore and I have a bit of a headache. I went to the walk-in clinic but was told to go home and use ice and stay in a dark area.
Last edited by Conforumist on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby ChristianBecker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Get better soon, Con (and your mom).
You fell down the chairs? Is that a chair or the stairs. Anyway, glad you seem not to be seriously injured.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby wicked woman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Hope you and your mum soon feel better con.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Ooops, sorry "stairs"! (would you believe I typed Chairs again)

I'll edit it as well.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Pretty good now Image is back, and is that an Image I hear. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby janet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Careful now Con! Falling downstairs left me in such a state that I could hardly do my job for most of last year.
Really hoping your mum is better soon.

Out of interest I googled South M........, Chilli. Nope. Doesn't exist! But judging by the average house prices in your postcode, I can see why the pound signs lit up in the eyes of the developers round there.
(Nope, not a stalker but I still have your address from the postcard exchange!)

Susanne, I'm still counting the cost of the repair bills on my car last year and they weren't close to $2k or the £ equivalent.
The joys of motoring eh?!!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum