Shot @ Life - make a comment and save a life

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Shot @ Life - make a comment and save a life

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:54 pm

This is a really good idea to fund raise for children's lifesaving vaccine programs around the world by the UN - all you have to do is leave a comment on this LinkedIn article (I don't think you have to join up and you can share instead to spread it around) and the sponsor (Walgreen) will donate the cost of one vaccine per comment up to 50,000 until the end of August

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130820155147-2484700-make-a-comment-and-save-a-life
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: Shot @ Life - make a comment and save a life

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 am

Only 105 comment. I might be able to do something about that.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 am

This does seem rather unlikely. There is no mention of such an offer on either Walgreens or Shot@life's websites and any genuine promotion like this would have had more than 105 responses by now. Invariably stories about passing on emails or adding comments to gain something (even if not for yourself) prove to be false

Shot@life is a really good charity with some serious backers I just don't think this is plausable
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 am

no, it's true, it's part of an event they are doing called Blogust. It's comments posted across 30 articles during the month of august.

http://www.shotatlife.org/blogust/
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 am

There may only be 170 or so comments on the Linkdin one, but the main blog has over 7,000 vaccines already.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm

I think they've spread the campaign with several 'famous' people. Guy Kawasaki's a major player/influencer on LinkedIn and there may be some tie-up with Motorola and Walgreen - it's gone up to 238 as I write which is showing a bit of a snowball effect as his article only went up yesterday :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Return to The Broken Drum