Vacations

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Vacations

Postby michelanCello » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 pm

It's great! :D I love the shop and all the teddy bears in it :D Still getting used to how things work but I have managed not to burn down everything yet so that's good I suppose :lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:39 pm

It's fun having Mc around :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 pm

michelanCello wrote:It's great! :D I love the shop and all the teddy bears in it :D Still getting used to how things work but I have managed not to burn down everything yet so that's good I suppose :lol:

Have the Teddies started to look funny at you yet, or do you hear whispering. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 pm

:o The eyes!!! The beady, staring eyes!!!! :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Love the photo! Hope you have a blast with Mad. That stern looking puffin is keeping an eye on you.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:29 pm

just finished work for 2 weeks off and ive got the list off rosanna of what she wants me to do, it will take me 3 weeks :roll: :roll:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Never mind Chris, in two weeks you'l be able to take a holiday from Rosanna's list and get back to work :roll: :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Mazekin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:46 pm

The last time I went anywhere that could be classed as a holiday was 2010. I went to California to make up for the disaster of a holiday that was planned for Chile (got as far as Heathrow the morning they had the huge earthquake). Before that was 2004. This year, god only knows. I tend to spend my days off running around after people (including myself) trying to get stuff done. The closest I've gotten this year was this week where I spent four days with a friend I hadn't seen in over a year. It wasn't quite a holiday though, 'cos she's just had a baby. Didn't leave the house at all!!!
You and I are just prawns on a cheeseboard
Mazekin

Postby Dotsie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 am

Just had a camping weekend, which I did not enjoy - didn't complain at all during the weekend, as Mr Dotsie was having such as lovely time ( :!: the weather was bloody awful!), but when he started going on about how next year we should have a full two weeks, I gave him to understand that he could have a weekend, that's his lot. Not spending my only holiday sleeping in a wet tent, almost getting blown away by the wind, trying to hold my pee in cos I don't want to have to get dressed lying down, into my wet clothes, to walk 500 metres to the toilet block! :evil:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:50 am

I'm sorry it was a bad trip Dotsie :( I think I would also not enjoy camping - never been, but I'm more of an indoorsy sort of person
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 pm

If it ain't got proper plumbin', I ain't goin'.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

All part of life's experiences. You might have enjoyed it, but learned that it wasn't for you. Lesson learned. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Precisely. Because he loved it, he gets a weekend per year. During which I won't do any complaining, provided that one weekend is all I have to do :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 pm

I can go without a shower for a couple of days (if strictly necessary), but I do need to be able to go to the lavvy, without having to get dressed and leave my bedroom for a 500 yrd walk!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Sorry you didn't enjoy it Dotsie but at least you gave it a try. Might it have been a different story if the weather had been warm and sunny? :D (I ask this because I really enjoyed camping but I was in Africa and surrounded by wildlife and sunshine; I probably wouldn't do it in this country either.)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum