How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:A little bit weary, I did not start the packing because I got the chance to do my first Munro Stuc an Lochan, so thats twice I have to celebrate. :D :mrgreen:


1 down 281 to go :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 11161
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Juicers are suuuuuch fun! :dance:

Hope that you and Sharlene have a great Skype later on Tony - miles better than a phone call too :clap:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10739
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:A little bit weary, I did not start the packing because I got the chance to do my first Munro Stuc an Lochan, so thats twice I have to celebrate. :D :mrgreen:


1 down 281 to go :D

Funny you should say that Mad, a couple I met on the summit the guy said the same. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 16150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Great news, Dug. When's the housewarming? ;) :mrgreen:

When I get the carpets ,freezer,cooker,washing machine installed plus all my books back in and some new bookcases, probably after Worldcon, why are you coming up for it Bouncy. ;)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 16150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chillicamper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 am

A bit sad....and a bit old. Tis D's last day at Junior school, he's moving to Secondary school in Sept. Where did that time go? :think:

Wish I could be there to pick him up on his last day, but I have a weeks holiday in a couple of weeks time, so I am working like mad to try and get ahead with work so that I won't be too far behind when I come back! :roll: :lol: No-one else is going to do it. Not since they decided not to replace the lady that's just gone on maternity leave :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
User avatar
chillicamper
Member
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 am

I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 16150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby janet » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:55 am

Don't worry Chilli, D probably won't notice, he'll be too busy getting all his classmates to write silly things on his old PE shirt in permanent marker, whizzing round like a loon and swearing undying love for his teachers (except.........)
Hope you don't have to work too hard today and enjoy your hols :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet
Member
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: North East England

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Hugs Chilli! I know how you feel. Went through that when Thing 1 started middle school last year.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack. It just hit me that we leave for our vacation in just 3 weeks. :shock: We're driving out to Montana to see my sister & b.i.l., then going to Yellowstone. Other than booking the Inn at Yellowstone, we have done no planning! I feel like I'm still recovering from Baltimore. Not to mention the planning for taking care of things here during the 3 weeks we'll be gone. Then, practically as soon as we get back school will be starting. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
User avatar
Catch-up
Member
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chillicamper » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|

Nope, they won't appreciate it. But if I leave work, it will be my fault and I will be told that continuously! To be fair, the amount of work is not overwhelming most of the time - even with this lady on maternity. If you get your head down, it's doable - just. But when people start having holidays, it's going to be manic and there will only be time to do the urgent stuff, so it's self preservation to do what I can now and hope there isn't too big a pile of crap on my desk when I return!

janet wrote:Don't worry Chilli, D probably won't notice, he'll be too busy getting all his classmates to write silly things on his old PE shirt in permanent marker, whizzing round like a loon and swearing undying love for his teachers (except.........)
Hope you don't have to work too hard today and enjoy your hols :D


Yup....he came home with one graffiti covered shirt. It was a bit starnge for him I think. A lot of kids in his class have given him a bit of a hard time over the last few years because of his medical condition. So I think he had mixed emotions about the last day. Some sadness and some relief that he won't see some of the little oiks who are going to other schools.

Catch-up wrote:Hugs Chilli! I know how you feel. Went through that when Thing 1 started middle school last year.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack. It just hit me that we leave for our vacation in just 3 weeks. :shock: We're driving out to Montana to see my sister & b.i.l., then going to Yellowstone. Other than booking the Inn at Yellowstone, we have done no planning! I feel like I'm still recovering from Baltimore. Not to mention the planning for taking care of things here during the 3 weeks we'll be gone. Then, practically as soon as we get back school will be starting. :(


Oooh holiday planning - I need to think about that as well - only a few weeks till I go an see my sister in Manchester.....nothing sorted yet - not got an idea about what we shall be doing whilst we are there! :shock:

Hope you have a great time Yellowstone sounds like a fun trip. :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
User avatar
chillicamper
Member
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:24 pm

chillicamper wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|

Nope, they won't appreciate it. But if I leave work, it will be my fault and I will be told that continuously! To be fair, the amount of work is not overwhelming most of the time - even with this lady on maternity. If you get your head down, it's doable - just. But when people start having holidays, it's going to be manic and there will only be time to do the urgent stuff, so it's self preservation to do what I can now and hope there isn't too big a pile of crap on my desk when I return!

Don't work for the Civil Service do you by any chance. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 16150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Proper poorly. :violin: Won't upset you with the details. :angelic-little: I'm hoping it's going to pass over as quickly as it came on. :pray:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
User avatar
wicked woman
Member
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: nottinghamshire, uk

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Hope you feel better tomorrow WW.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 16150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 pm

*HUGS* WW - get better soon.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
User avatar
Tonyblack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 30033
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Get well soon WW
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 11161
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Penfold » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:45 am

Get well soon WW. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.


Len Brook Photography Website

Len Brook Fine Art Prints For Sale @ Photo4me.com
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7978
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests