How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:A little bit weary, I did not start the packing because I got the chance to do my first Munro Stuc an Lochan, so thats twice I have to celebrate. :D :mrgreen:


1 down 281 to go :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Juicers are suuuuuch fun! :dance:

Hope that you and Sharlene have a great Skype later on Tony - miles better than a phone call too :clap:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:A little bit weary, I did not start the packing because I got the chance to do my first Munro Stuc an Lochan, so thats twice I have to celebrate. :D :mrgreen:


1 down 281 to go :D

Funny you should say that Mad, a couple I met on the summit the guy said the same. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15225
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Great news, Dug. When's the housewarming? ;) :mrgreen:

When I get the carpets ,freezer,cooker,washing machine installed plus all my books back in and some new bookcases, probably after Worldcon, why are you coming up for it Bouncy. ;)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15225
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chillicamper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 am

A bit sad....and a bit old. Tis D's last day at Junior school, he's moving to Secondary school in Sept. Where did that time go? :think:

Wish I could be there to pick him up on his last day, but I have a weeks holiday in a couple of weeks time, so I am working like mad to try and get ahead with work so that I won't be too far behind when I come back! :roll: :lol: No-one else is going to do it. Not since they decided not to replace the lady that's just gone on maternity leave :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
User avatar
chillicamper
Member
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 am

I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15225
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby janet » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:55 am

Don't worry Chilli, D probably won't notice, he'll be too busy getting all his classmates to write silly things on his old PE shirt in permanent marker, whizzing round like a loon and swearing undying love for his teachers (except.........)
Hope you don't have to work too hard today and enjoy your hols :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet
Member
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: North East England

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Hugs Chilli! I know how you feel. Went through that when Thing 1 started middle school last year.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack. It just hit me that we leave for our vacation in just 3 weeks. :shock: We're driving out to Montana to see my sister & b.i.l., then going to Yellowstone. Other than booking the Inn at Yellowstone, we have done no planning! I feel like I'm still recovering from Baltimore. Not to mention the planning for taking care of things here during the 3 weeks we'll be gone. Then, practically as soon as we get back school will be starting. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
User avatar
Catch-up
Member
 
Posts: 7023
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chillicamper » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|

Nope, they won't appreciate it. But if I leave work, it will be my fault and I will be told that continuously! To be fair, the amount of work is not overwhelming most of the time - even with this lady on maternity. If you get your head down, it's doable - just. But when people start having holidays, it's going to be manic and there will only be time to do the urgent stuff, so it's self preservation to do what I can now and hope there isn't too big a pile of crap on my desk when I return!

janet wrote:Don't worry Chilli, D probably won't notice, he'll be too busy getting all his classmates to write silly things on his old PE shirt in permanent marker, whizzing round like a loon and swearing undying love for his teachers (except.........)
Hope you don't have to work too hard today and enjoy your hols :D


Yup....he came home with one graffiti covered shirt. It was a bit starnge for him I think. A lot of kids in his class have given him a bit of a hard time over the last few years because of his medical condition. So I think he had mixed emotions about the last day. Some sadness and some relief that he won't see some of the little oiks who are going to other schools.

Catch-up wrote:Hugs Chilli! I know how you feel. Went through that when Thing 1 started middle school last year.

I'm having a mild anxiety attack. It just hit me that we leave for our vacation in just 3 weeks. :shock: We're driving out to Montana to see my sister & b.i.l., then going to Yellowstone. Other than booking the Inn at Yellowstone, we have done no planning! I feel like I'm still recovering from Baltimore. Not to mention the planning for taking care of things here during the 3 weeks we'll be gone. Then, practically as soon as we get back school will be starting. :(


Oooh holiday planning - I need to think about that as well - only a few weeks till I go an see my sister in Manchester.....nothing sorted yet - not got an idea about what we shall be doing whilst we are there! :shock:

Hope you have a great time Yellowstone sounds like a fun trip. :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
User avatar
chillicamper
Member
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:24 pm

chillicamper wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:I hope they appreciate it Chilli, and will not taken as a norm you will always do it whenever someone is off in future. :|

Nope, they won't appreciate it. But if I leave work, it will be my fault and I will be told that continuously! To be fair, the amount of work is not overwhelming most of the time - even with this lady on maternity. If you get your head down, it's doable - just. But when people start having holidays, it's going to be manic and there will only be time to do the urgent stuff, so it's self preservation to do what I can now and hope there isn't too big a pile of crap on my desk when I return!

Don't work for the Civil Service do you by any chance. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15225
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Proper poorly. :violin: Won't upset you with the details. :angelic-little: I'm hoping it's going to pass over as quickly as it came on. :pray:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
User avatar
wicked woman
Member
 
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: nottinghamshire, uk

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Hope you feel better tomorrow WW.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15225
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 pm

*HUGS* WW - get better soon.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29313
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Get well soon WW
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Penfold » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:45 am

Get well soon WW. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.


Len Brook Photography
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7392
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests