Another new one in November

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Another new one in November

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Not too sure about this one, but probably I will get a copy from the shop at Hogwatch. :roll: :lol: we're addicts I tell ya! :mrgreen:

Discworld Emporium ‏@Discworldshoppe It's another Pratchett book bonanza this year - looking forward to this little nugget gracing our bookshelves in... http://fb.me/2ETrEH60i
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Another new one in November

Postby =Tamar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:21 am

November in the UK... but how long do I have to wait in the US?
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:57 pm

=Tamar wrote:November in the UK... but how long do I have to wait in the US?

:confusion-shrug: ask at NADWCON at the Discworld shop either Reb,Ian or Benard himself. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm still waiting for the bestiary they were working on. Any news on that?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Best ask Ian in a couple of weeks Susane he was working on it.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I remember him talking about it last time. I'll pester him when I see him. 8-)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

Any questions could be Tweeted to Lindsay <?> and/or Terry on Twitter.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

I don't have a Twitter account, so can't pester them there.
Catch-up

Postby raisindot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Not too sure about this one, but probably I will get a copy from the shop at Hogwatch. :roll: :lol: we're addicts I tell ya! :mrgreen:

Discworld Emporium ‏@Discworldshoppe It's another Pratchett book bonanza this year - looking forward to this little nugget gracing our bookshelves in... http://fb.me/2ETrEH60i

Beware of any book with the author's name followed by "Presents." This usually means s/he's whored out her name for someone else's book.
raisindot

Postby =Tamar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:40 pm

It's got a Paul Kidby cover picture, which IMO is better than the cover picture for Dodger #1.
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm

=Tamar wrote:It's got a Paul Kidby cover picture, which IMO is better than the cover picture for Dodger #1.

Depends on what version of Doger you bought Tamar, the slipcase one was quite nice I thought.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:16 am

raisindot wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Not too sure about this one, but probably I will get a copy from the shop at Hogwatch. :roll: :lol: we're addicts I tell ya! :mrgreen:

Beware of any book with the author's name followed by "Presents." This usually means s/he's whored out her name for someone else's book.

Yep just like The World of Poo which wasn't written by Terry this one isn't either.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby =Tamar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
=Tamar wrote:It's got a Paul Kidby cover picture, which IMO is better than the cover picture for Dodger #1.

Depends on what version of Dodger you bought Tamar, the slipcase one was quite nice I thought.

I just think that as Kidby drew him, Dodger's eyes are a little too far apart. He doesn't look right, to me. The forthcoming Guide to London uses the same model, but the angle is different so it's less obvious to me; that's why I like it better.
=Tamar

Postby Antiq » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
raisindot wrote:

Yep just like The World of Poo which wasn't written by Terry this one isn't either.

Who did write The World of Poo? :shock:
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby =Tamar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Antiq wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:Yep just like The World of Poo which wasn't written by Terry this one isn't either.

Who did write The World of Poo? :shock:

The copyright is shared with The Discworld Emporium, so you have a choice of four people besides the other copyright entity of Sir Terry and Lyn. My guess is that Bernard Pearson had a hand in it.
=Tamar

Next

Return to Latest books