Good God, America...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Good God, America...

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:35 pm

... do people really drink this stuff? :shock:

http://www.lestersfixins.com/
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Good God, America...

Postby majomull » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Of course we do. Sodas of that type help us keep focused while we drive around in our pick-up trucks shooting at road signs. They go great with road kill fricasee, and provide us with enough sugar to keep our 430 pound pasty white bodies looking their best. :) Lets be honest we all would try the coffee flavor, and 98% of us would give the Bacon flavor a go.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:48 pm

I "might" be persuaded to take a sip of the coffee flavour (I'm not a coffee fan, to be honest), but bacon?

Ick.

And what is Ranch Dressing anyhoo?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Most of them sound really awful. Is that what they serve when cousins marry
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Go on - you'd be tempted, admit it! :P

Sounds like a fun idea to me - can't be any worse than deep fried Mars bar. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby pip » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Again not something i'd be remotely interested in trying.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 pm

They all sound pretty horrible to me :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Go on - you'd be tempted, admit it! :P

Sounds like a fun idea to me - can't be any worse than deep fried Mars bar. :lol:

Ghost

Postby majomull » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Bouncy asked "What is Ranch Dressing?" I wish I could explain it: a salad dressing, and condiment to dip fried chicken in, a bottle of which you will find in almost every home in the country. It is God-awful, yet delicious all at the same time. Just like Marmite.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Ranch Dressing definition on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch_Dressing

While highly popular in the United States, ranch dressing is virtually unknown in the rest of the world
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:34 pm

majomull wrote:Bouncy asked "What is Ranch Dressing?" I wish I could explain it: a salad dressing, and condiment to dip fried chicken in, a bottle of which you will find in almost every home in the country. It is God-awful, yet delicious all at the same time. Just like Marmite.

I had similar trouble explaining picklelilly to a friend in the US except that picklelilly is absolutely delicious Image
Ghost

Postby hnorwood » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 pm

majomull wrote:Bouncy asked "What is Ranch Dressing?" I wish I could explain it: a salad dressing, and condiment to dip fried chicken in, a bottle of which you will find in almost every home in the country. It is God-awful, yet delicious all at the same time. Just like Marmite.

And there was me thinking along the lines of: stetson, checked shirt, jeans, chaps, boots and spurs... (etc)
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby raisindot » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 pm

majomull wrote:Of course we do. Sodas of that type help us keep focused while we drive around in our pick-up trucks shooting at road signs. They go great with road kill fricasee, and provide us with enough sugar to keep our 430 pound pasty white bodies looking their best. Lets be honest we all would try the coffee flavor, and 98% of us would give the Bacon flavor a go.

May I point out here that Majomull lives in the western part of Massachusetts, which, to us snobs who live in the eastern part of the state, is the equivalent of living in a shotgun shack on the banks of an alligator-infested creek in the Ozarks. :D

This is so true. It's probably replaced Thousand Island dressing (also known as Russian dressing) as one of the more noxious products of American condiment manufacturing (longtime Rumpole watchers will remember that Thousand Island Dressing was one of his biggest complaints about living in the states during the short time he was in retirement).
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Thousand Island dressing, disgusting stuff in resturants in the 70/80s they used drown the prawn cocktail starters in it. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 pm

I just looked up the Wikipedia article on ranch dressing. Leaving aside the fat factor, it is owned by [EFF!]ing Clorox?! I thought they made cleaning agents, not [EFF!]ing condiments! :shock:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Next

Return to The Broken Drum