Brisbane Broken Drummers?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Brisbane Broken Drummers?

Postby YoungSam » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 am

Tmro we have a book talk and later this month a dinner and another games night. Heaps more on the meetup page and I hope to see some of you soon.
YoungSam

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 am

I am exhausted after the long walk from and to the train station. :sleeping-asleep:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 am

How was it though? :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:04 am

I got there about ten minutes late (due to aforementioned long walk), but it seemed to be a 'beginner's guide to Terry Pratchett' sort of do, I guess to try and drawn in newcomers to TP. The most I contributed were a few smart-aleck remarks and managing to recommend the novelisation of Doctor Who: Shada to someone (long story: TP was compared to Douglas Adams, and I recommended the book because it was based on a Douglas Adams script).
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby YoungSam » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks for making it Q. Yeah, it was meant as an 'intro to' so I know most people there probably knew the stuff I was talking about already. Ok turn out but I hoped for more from my book club and from the library in general.
YoungSam

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:37 am

I'm probably going to come to the Hogswatch in July thingie. Hopefully, by then, some of my orders will have come in.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby YoungSam » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 am

Hi All! The Partisans have heaps of stuff on for the next couple of months and I have started a facebook group so we can chat online too. Hope to see some of you there.
YoungSam

Postby Quatermass » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 am

I'm considering going for the Supanova meet, as I am definitely going. Three reasons: George RR Martin, Peter Dinklage, and Terry Molloy.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby YoungSam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 am

Cool! I am not sure where exactly we will meet etc, but as soom as I know I will add the details
YoungSam

Postby YoungSam » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Next up - A trivia night : http://www.meetup.com/Pratchett-Partisa ... 152774752/ as well as our regular games nights and a few casual meetups.
YoungSam

Postby YoungSam » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:41 am

Hi Folks - long time no news!
Out Trivia night went very well with over 50 people attending. We are still having regular game nights in the city plus added special events each mont! Check out the Meetup group for more info
YoungSam

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Does Del turn up. :?: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby YoungSam » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:34 am

She tries :-) She was at our last Hogswatch in July and our Scavenger Hunt which her team won! Might even be at our Dressup event tonight.
YoungSam

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:40 am

According to her facebook posting this morning you should watch out for Del as a "seamstress" this evening :shock: Photos are pretty well mandatory :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Time she was getting her posterior back on the board for a post or three. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum