Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Did you report the theft. :evil:

yes to the counsel and they informed me that they take no responsibility for any loss caused by contracted workmen
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Whether they claim to take responsibility or not is irelevent, it is their responsibility as the contractors are in their direct employment. Sue them into the floor. Even the suggestion of legal action would probably make them back down as they know they are on a hiding to nothing and are just hoping you will drop the matter as they cannot win any court case.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 pm

the theft was about 9 years ago
I just learnt from the matter hide anything shiny
thats part of the reason why I have a padlock on my wardrobe
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 am

That stinks Ghost, sorry!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 am

Bar Stewards.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Broccolee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks for all your support,I appreciate it very much even if I don't always get round to answering within the week ...(month...)

I have found a new school for Brianna and my eldest is transferring to the same school for his A-levels (because he has finished his exams and he has done exeedingly well...a B in Maths,if you please!And another in English...And an A in Arts!I'm sooo proud!) so not only will she have a new chance she will also have a big brother along she can go to if it all gets too scary,although he isn't right in her part of the building but I guess they will find their way around.I know I'd get lost after five minutes,its huge and has stairs all over the place.

I did have reservations about this school at first,because it is a very big school,that combines several educational lines under one roof,the building itself is sprawling and ugly.The pupils are from all cultures and levels,which makes it very loud and colourful.But they have won me over completely and,I'm happy to say,Brianna and my eldest too. The school is aware of the potential problems of such a big,multicultural institution and they have more teachers than other schools and smaller classes,with two teachers per class. They have permanent school counsellors with office times for advice and counselling for all pupils and also work with the class teachers if problems arise. They have additional work groups on all sorts of themes in the afternoons for free,from taek-won-do and tennis to musical and art lessons down to Lego or computer techs. They have classes for social competence in all levels and offer tutorials for pupils. I'm completely happy and I hope Brianna can be transferred there soon,but it's looking good
Of course,for her it's a huge step and she's not too happy about the fact that she has to leave because people have been nasty to her.But she likes the new school and also the fact that she'll be able to ride her (birthday)bike to school,making her feel independant.She's also looking forward to the afternoon activities and if she takes part in all of those she likes,she'll barely be home to sleep,bless her.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Sounds promising, Broc. Let's hope things work out better in this new school. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 am

What Tony said. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 am

Sounds good Broc. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :dance:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity for a fresh start! We went through something very similar when Ava was still little, very ill and hard to deal with behaviorally. We tried an alternative school instead of our public school. It was a nightmare. Pulling her out was the best thing we could have done! Our local schools have been wonderful!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Glad to hear your eldest and Brianna are enthused about their fresh start - the new school sounds brilliant Broc. :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 pm

What they all said broc.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:39 pm

as above broc
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Conforumist » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm

That's for the update Broc'!
I'll keep praying as wel!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 pm

I feel like the worst mom ever! I forgot to be the Tooth Fairy last night. :( I felt so awful when Thing 2 walked down with her little tooth still in the box. She's handling it really well though. We've been brainstorming about what might have gone wrong. I'm going to try to come up with a good story to write in a little letter from the Tooth Fairy and a little something extra to give her. Any ideas on the story front would be most welcome! What could keep the Tooth Fairy from showing up (aside from being kidnapped by an insane assassin)?
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum