What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 pm

We love that movie too! :D Haven't watched it in awhile.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
User avatar
Catch-up
Member
 
Posts: 7034
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:15 am

I haven't seen that film in decades. One day I need to rewatch as I remember liking it at the time.

Lately I've been watching alot of The Nostalgia Critic. fairly long running show by Doug Walker where he reviews old bad movies and tv shows. and sometimes newer stuff. I find him to be pretty funny at times and even though I may disagree with him alot, his reviews are entertaining. His format is fairly simple, he spends the bulk of each ep giving a summary of the entire film while pointing out oddities or making jokes and ends with his overall view. and often, despite giving the impression during the review that he thinks the film is completely crap he'll come out in the wrap up and say it is a decent movie.

Though sometimes he can be really annoying when it's a film he genuinely hates. But what I respect about him is that he brings up the point a few times over various videos that he doesn't claim his word is the law and that he doesn't have a problem if someone likes the films he craps on, and infact encourages them. the best example of this is with "The Grinch" the live action version with Jim Carrey. He ends the review with a wrap up done completely in the Seuss style from the original reading other peoples positive reviews of the movie. being completly confused why people like the movie. with the narrator going.

He puzzled and he puzzled til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grump thought of something he hadn't before. Just because he hates something doesn't mean others should. He could share, not force, his opinions like others would. For it's our different outlooks that can make people grow and everyone is different like every flake of snow. For different points of view can exist for a reason: to learn about one another and to make each other decent.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
User avatar
raptornx01
Member
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 am
Location: South florida, US

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:28 am

Saw World War Z. Was much better than I was expecting.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
User avatar
Sister Jennifer
Member
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am

Ghost wrote:I don't know anyone who doesn't love that movie



:oops: :oops:

Haven't a Scooby Doo what it is.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12194
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby pip » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:53 am

Then watch it and learn
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 am

Tad difficult when I don't even know the title, dearie.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12194
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 am

The Princess Bride.

The book is very good as well.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
User avatar
Sister Jennifer
Member
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby pip » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

Xactly. :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

pip wrote:Xactly. :roll:


What?

I may have heard of it now that you say what it is, but the gif meant nothing to me.
Last edited by Bouncy Castle on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12194
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby pip » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 am

It was after an entry mentioning the film . You have to keep up here bouncy :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:The Princess Bride.

The book is very good as well.

I have to disagree with you
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
User avatar
Ghost
Member
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: Blackcountry

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Shaun of the Dead. It was funny, loved the Queen scene, but the end was rubbish.
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:17 pm

pip wrote:It was after an entry mentioning the film . You have to keep up here bouncy :lol:


Doesn't necessarily mean a thing on this forum, Pip!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12194
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby pip » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Sad but true :lol: :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
pip wrote:It was after an entry mentioning the film . You have to keep up here bouncy :lol:


Doesn't necessarily mean a thing on this forum, Pip!


pip wrote:Sad but true :lol: :roll:


No offense MC. :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
User avatar
raptornx01
Member
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 am
Location: South florida, US

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests