How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby raisindot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Catch-up wrote:Today is the girls' last day of school.

Whaaaa?????? Public school doesn't end here (in Massachusetts) until June 26th because of all the snow days. My wife (who works for a school system) and my younger 16-year old son are pi**ed, especially because my graduating high school senior ended school at the end of May. :lol:
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:17 pm

They have no idea what a snow day is in Tucson. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
wicked woman wrote:3 mins 2 secs. :geek:
Tonyblack wrote::clap: that's almost as quick as me . . . almost. ;)

We are so modest. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Poor Bouncy :( hope it's better now!

Dotsie, isn't there anyone else she could ask? Apart from that, I think it's not really nice of her to put you into a situation like that, she could be a bit more understanding...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby chillicamper » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:46 am

Excited...........going to the Just Kampers open day to be surrounded by a bunch of VW nutters who are as afflicted as I am :roll: :lol:

And there's gonna be a monster dent and scratch sale...........where they sell of any parts that are not 100% perfect....at silly prices. Last time I picked up a set of 40 quid luggage bars for the rear window for just a tenner. Wonder what I can find that I really need this time :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 am

chillicamper wrote:Excited...........going to the Just Kampers open day to be surrounded by a bunch of VW nutters who are as afflicted as I am :roll: :lol:

And there's gonna be a monster dent and scratch sale...........where they sell of any parts that are not 100% perfect....at silly prices. Last time I picked up a set of 40 quid luggage bars for the rear window for just a tenner. Wonder what I can find that I really need this time :lol:

:dance: Have fun.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:45 am

Have a great time Chilli
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:51 am

Hope it's fun Chilli :)

There's some sort of wakeboarding competition in the dock today, but I've got a gazillion chores to do so might just send Mr Dotsie on his own. Then meet up for a date :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:32 pm

raisindot wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Today is the girls' last day of school.

Whaaaa?????? Public school doesn't end here (in Massachusetts) until June 26th because of all the snow days. My wife (who works for a school system) and my younger 16-year old son are pi**ed, especially because my graduating high school senior ended school at the end of May. :lol:

We didn't get hit nearly as hard as you guys did. I think the girls had a total of 3 snow days. Plus, they've shortened some of the other breaks so the kids can get out a little earlier.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

I feel tired, but happy :) My second-oldest nephew graduated from primary school today, I was so proud of him! I love days like this, the whole family is together, which doesn't happen very often as half of the family lives in the other side of the country (which is where we went today) with the three kids. It's days like this that I realise how much I love them, especially because everyone's so tall, it's unbelievable actually, this nephew of mine, he's 14 and already taller then me, even though I was wearing if not high-heel shoes, but they weren't totally flat, and there's my elder nephew, who's pretty much that tall too (he's 17), and then I haven't mentionned my uncles yet, who're still taller then their sons :lol: (note that I'm 1,87 cm ;)) It was very funny actually, being there at the school, no one could have denied we were family :lol:
Afterwards we were just sitting in the garden, the weather was beautiful, we eat a lot, no, really, a LOT, my aunt had taken the day off yesterday to spend the day cooking, poor woman, but it was lovely, it was also a sort of late-birthday party for my grandmother and younger nephew (12), which were last month, and we chatted and laughed a lot and played card games and I didn't lose (yay! :lol: ), and altogether it was kind of a perfect day :mrgreen:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:32 pm

:D I'm happy for you
Ghost

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Sounds a fantastic day. It's always good to catch up with family if you don't get to see them very often. :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Conforumist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm

I wish I were there with your family. It has been so rainy here all week.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Sounds like a great day Mici :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Definitley Happy Days. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum