THE HOBBIT ~ Discuss and Spoil!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: THE HOBBIT ~ Discuss and Spoil!

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

the ME canon nazis will be after Jackson's nads again

Who gives a ssssshhttt about that bunch of fundamentalist ring tossers, they're not worth bothering about. :twisted: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am

Steady on! :lol: If we don't like a Pratchett adaptation, we're the first ones to complain ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 am

Does any Discworld fan go to the length that they do, I may say that such and such was crap for a role but that's it, just my opinion and not rant and rave forever more about it, Jackson is putting a little bit more into the story to make it a little more interesting for the people who have never read the books but for me it does not detract from it in the least.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:39 pm

You should have heard them go on about the dire-bunnies! :? :lol: Plus 'dissing' Radagast whom Tolkien wrote about 3 lines or narrative about in the LOTR and only gave dialogue to Gandalf and Saruman for them to bitch him about later on.

This new elfess - Tauriel, is a complete invention of an unnamed captain of the woodfolk king's guard so at least they're not 'desecrating' the Great Man's every syllable, whether or not he changed his mind several times about them :roll: Philippa Boyens isn't terribly popular in rarefied Tolkien academic circles, but she's dragging it into the 21st century with some of the script decisions and perhaps doing some embroidery that Tolkien might have got around to himself had he not faffed around so much. :snooty: He did actually have the concept, if not actually getting around to writing about it too much, for lady elves to be warriors in their youth (and onwards if they didn't want to breed) and for male elves like Elrond to opt out of the army to pursue lore, magic-wielding and healing as a career instead and I strongly suspect he'd have been very excited about the possibilities of CGI to bring Smaug and other nasssties to life. It's his po-faced editor son Christopher and the calcified die-hard pedantic fans that seem to think nothing at all should be changed and every word of dialogue remain unaltered :doh:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Can't wait, can't wait! :D

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Thranduil! :o :romance-heartsthree: *swoons* (Legolas' Daddy!)!!!!! :lol:

Agreed, Jan :D I think Lee Pace is one of the most good-looking actors right now...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

The Pushing Daisies man! Glad he got the role, the world was robbed when Pushing Daisies was cancelled.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Dotsie wrote:The Pushing Daisies man! Glad he got the role, the world was robbed when Pushing Daisies was cancelled.

Sooooo agree! I miss the Piemaker.. :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:35 pm

The trailer looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it! :D

michelanCello wrote:
Dotsie wrote:The Pushing Daisies man! Glad he got the role, the world was robbed when Pushing Daisies was cancelled.

Sooooo agree! I miss the Piemaker.. :(

Ditto. :( But so glad he's in the movie! Didn't recognize him in the first one, but they didn't show much of him.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre