What Did You Do Yesterday?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:31 pm

bikkit wrote:Yesterday, I got windows 7!
Edit: and my phone broke
I read this too quickly and thought you'd broken 7 windows. :shock: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:22 am

Windows 7 on a Japanese TV program

http://viralvideochart.unrulymedia.com/ ... bJGzyYV_X8

It really makes me want to buy it - NOT! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby bikkit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:25 am

It's quite good, actually

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 am

Went to see Up with SWMBO and The Boy. It was pretty good and makes it into my top 5 Pixar films
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby bikkit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:40 am

I'm going to see up today :D

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm going to see Up - when it's not half-term :?

Re Windows 7 from a female perspective - what are they on? What's wrong with a -ing cursor pray? :evil:

Has Gates got shares in Proctor & Gamble 'cos I can guarantee sales of Mr Sheen will rocket with all those grubby fingermarks just from the alpha male of the household even before the kids get a hold of it - ewwww! :evil:

The housemate can already get our laptop filthy just looking at the bloody screen and keeping his mitts firmly on the keyboard (he sneezes a lot and that's as far as I'm going... :roll: ). :evil: :evil:

I'm getting another PC soon but a touch-screen monitor will be surplus to requirements no matter how flaming wonderful 7 is :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chuckie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:35 pm

I've got a touch screen sat nav so I understand exactly what you mean Jan. :)
chuckie

Postby bikkit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Re Windows 7 from a female perspective - what are they on? What's wrong with a -ing cursor pray? Evil or Very Mad

I am female

bikkit

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:31 pm

There's more to Windows 7 than the touch interface.

Unlike Vista, when I next get a PC I will b happy to have Windows 7 installed on it. Previously I specified that vista is to be remove and XP installed instead.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:36 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Windows 7 on a Japanese TV program

http://viralvideochart.unrulymedia.com/ ... bJGzyYV_X8

It really makes me want to buy it - NOT! :lol:
Pooh that was quite good it would be even better if I could understand what was being said,I presume he was getting the piss taken out of him,or it being a Sunday the urine extracted.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Jason wrote:There's more to Windows 7 than the touch interface.

Unlike Vista, when I next get a PC I will b happy to have Windows 7 installed on it. Previously I specified that vista is to be remove and XP installed instead.
I don't know if you had the earlier version of Vista with all the problems Jason, but I've got it on my PC and love it. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 pm

I run Vista on my work PC - but XP on my home PC. I think if the PC is designed to work with Vista then your experience is a lot better. I actually quite like vista and my testing of Windows 7 beta makes me thing that 7 is actually what Vista should have been.

I tried Vista on my home PC but had problems with hibernation not working correctly. I suspect that this is down to slightly incompatible drivers.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

I fisking HATE Vista, it sucks, sucks, sucks, ad infinitum.

Yesterday, I was walking to the minivan to go to the paintball field when one of the path stones tipped in the mucky wet sludge we call mud here. It has been the rainiest year on record. My left foot twisted and my right shoe caught in more mud and I fell down HARD on the next paving block hitting my upper shin about 6 inches below the knee. Oh what fun. my arms were full of stuff and I "fall down and go boom" So, now I have an 18 cm wide bruise and 7 cm tall on the front of my leg which sticks out about 1 1/2 cm. Had an ex-ray and no fracture, good news. and oh the joy, because when you have an accident other body parts are involved, so I hurt head to toe and cannot move without Wheee, Fun, pain.

I was unable to sleep til late from pain and missed the guy who showed up with his friends at 8:30 am instead of 11 am, which is All Over our Website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*grumbles and mutters, why do I even have a bluidy website? Nobody takes a minute to look at it, they just call me at all hours and want me to "tell them all about us" Aargh, $100 a freaking year just to say "Hey, have you Seen our website yet?" to which they reply, "No, I saw the number on the google link and I just thought I would save time and call the number..." mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble Aargh*

So, when I call him to see what is wrong... he hits me with a load of Hot Headed, Very Angry Crap, about "Where Were You?" We went up the road to the other driveway and looked in the windows of that crummy shack, there was a tv on, we even walked all the way around the shack... to which I reply "That Shack is our House" and that "funny looking guy" whom you thought was giving you an odd look, is my husband. He thought you were turning around what with your ATV in the back end of your truck.

So, I am in pain, out $400 US and going to take some blasted pain pills and take a damn nap.

Yes, Pooh, I am whingeing again, but sometimes you have to. Besides, if you were out $400 US due to no real fault of your own and told what a crummy shack you live in, you might be stretched to whinge a bit too. in 7 years I have gotten used to the "crummy shack", but it hurts ones' feelings to be TOLD it is a crummy shack.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Poor Tina! (((Hugs))) Think purple. . . If it is any consolation, your misfortune made me smile . . . Which goes to prove that (a) I have a wicked streak, and (b) You conveyed humour in your posting. Which is good - isn't it? :twisted:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 pm

:lol: Yes, I was trying to convey some humor, so good to know I succeeded. People never cease to amaze me. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum