Me and 3 other students have to make a web page for a university course we're taking. Since I'm the only one who has experience with HTML I'm doing the putting together, the others sent me the texts.
Perfectionist that I can be at times, I replaced all umlauts and ß in the html-files with the correct html notation, which is ä, ö, ß and so on.
Just told the editor to search for all ü, ä, ö, Ü, Ä, Ö and ß and replace. Unfortunately I didn't specify that the search should be case sensitive, so now I have to go through all the files again and change Ü (Ü) to ü (ü) etc, where necessary. Moreover, for some reason I cannot fathom, ß and ss are treated as the same letter, so every instance of ss in the files was replaced, too, so that I have a shedload of szligs to check whether they are ss or ß really.
Moreover, the reference to the stylesheet (stylesheet.css
) is broken, too. Which is actually how I realized that something went wrong in the first place. :/