Welcome and Introduce Yourself 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Welcome and Introduce Yourself 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Paul, I paid £5 for mine a couple years ago at Hogwatch in Wincanton, so you can use that as a guide to not pay too much.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Square12 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Welcome paul
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby paul » Wed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Hi Paul, I paid £5 for mine a couple years ago at Hogwatch in Wincanton, so you can use that as a guide to not pay too much.

Thanks for the info, hopefully they have not become too collectable since then. I can't seem to find any info on them online.
paul

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 pm

You could ask on the Discworld Emporium forum, Kitchen Table section.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu May 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Welcome all newcomers.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi Paul, welcome to the madhouse :D

As Dug said the coins are worth about £5, they are a nice item to have and were done for Bernard Pearson in Wincanton. They are the second coins he produced as there was an earlier set for rejoining members of the Clarecraft collectors club which are rarer than these and worth a little more.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forum ,HANSOLOBIKER,chironsgirl,Turrebo and paul. :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby paul » Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for the info the mad collector, i will keep my eye on them and try not to get carried away with the bidding, this ebay seller seems to be putting up some other rare discworld items, will keep an eye on him too. hello everyone and thanks for the welcome.
paul

Postby michelanCello » Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 pm

A big WELCOME to everyone I've missed! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Del » Fri May 31, 2013 6:10 am

paul wrote:Thanks for the info the mad collector, i will keep my eye on them and try not to get carried away with the bidding, this ebay seller seems to be putting up some other rare discworld items, will keep an eye on him too. hello everyone and thanks for the welcome.

Not the "missing" ones from the. "Help! " thread huh?

Welcome Paul :)

And every other newbie in recent weeks. Muuuuwahs! Kisses. Hugs. And general grovelling for not saying hi sooner.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Fri May 31, 2013 2:02 pm

... and WELCOME!, to all those peeps that I haven't said 'HI' to ...
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Slantaholic » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello! I'm Slantaholic! I've been a Discworld fan since 1996, but I'm introverted. I've finally delurked.

I've been told Discworld Fandom operates on Facebook and Google+, but I am on neither. Whereabouts is the majority of fandom, because the last I remember was alt.fan.pratchett and the L-Space wiki.

My favourite characters used to be Death and Vimes, but since Making Money, I've fallen in love with Slant. I started to privately write fanfiction about Slant, Morecombe and Honeyplace, wherein they are either gay or bisexual, although I started with Slant/Stoneface Vimes about three hundred years ago, alongside Ankh-Morpork's Civil War (due to Slant's age in MM is 351). I've also been asked to write more about Reg Shoe.

Hopefully, I'll get round to uploading more fanfiction on my AO3.org account later. At present, I only have one, co-written with my niece Marina, about Vimes and Vetinari (gen). Let's see if the link works: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Slantaholic.

I'm not a necrophile. I just happen to like elderly vampires to counteract Twilight's sparkly Edward, and I happen to love Slant! I find it hard to write Knees personality as Slant apparently has no knees, except to balance his briefcase on. But he has a lot of money, and presumably knew Dragon King of Arms, whom I've also scribbled about, just because he's a vampire.

There's very little else I want to say about myself at present. I live in London, UK, and Conway Hall was the last Pratchett gathering I've ever attended. I've heard about the Broken Drummers, but I'm unsure if I'll want to join this summer. The weather's been rather wet and the pavements have been slippery. I might see you in the next year.
Last edited by Slantaholic on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slantaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Welcome to the site, Slantaholic! :D

You are not the only one who is not on FaceBorg or the like, but if you want to talk about Discworld and Terry Pratchett, you've come to the right place. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi there Slantaholic - welcome to this 'official' Pratchett forum. :P There's another one called The Cunning Artificer's run by the Discworld Emporium that's more for the collecting geeks

LINK SORTED FOR YOU! although it's broken so here's a direct link to your story (normal html tags don't work on php message boards). We do occasionally have fanfiction on here, but it's few and far between, although some of us do original writing of the short story or poetry persuasion - you're in the right place if you want to discuss all things Discworld and other Pratchetty areas such as Long Earth etc :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Slantaholic » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh, thank you for fixing the links. I'm not a collecting geek, but I love Discworld discussions. I've mostly lurked in them, but I remember that a few from alt.books.pratchett widened my knowledge of Captain Carrot's motives, as well as Vetinari.

I truly feel welcomed onto this site. Thank you.
Slantaholic

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum