Save Money On Hanging On the Phone

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Save Money On Hanging On the Phone

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon May 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Save Money On Hanging On the Phone

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 1:59 pm

SOunds good... until they then put you on hold with "musak" for another 20 minutes?
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Nice! And there's a U.S. version. Might have to bookmark that page.

I made money being on the phone recently. Sat through a short spiel about Disney's timeshare and they sent me a $40 gift card. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raisindot » Mon May 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Catch-up wrote:Nice! And there's a U.S. version. Might have to bookmark that page.

I always just hit 0 over and over. Eventually, the system gives up and puts me in touch with a human being.

Catch-up wrote:I made money being on the phone recently. Sat through a short spiel about Disney's timeshare and they sent me a $40 gift card. :D

Yeah, but you can only redeem at the Disney Timeshare store in Orlando after you've sat through a three hour timeshare program. :D
raisindot

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 pm

:lol: Nuh-uh! I can use it at the Disney store or anywhere in Walt Disney World. Actually on any Disney property, but WDW works for me. I have to admit, it was hard to keep a straight face through the sales pitch. I do love Disney, but you will never convince me that their timeshare is a good investment for us. Couldn't help but think of you while I was on the phone with them! :mrgreen:

I've tried the 0 thing and it usually works, but not always. Sometimes 9 works too.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Using 9 over here doesn't work. You are likely to get the emergency services. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Square12 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Another way that sometimes works is to type their head office postcode into a telephone number finder service and dial that instead or add 1 to the last digit eg instead of 0800 28 28 20 for an insurance company that had an owl as their logo dial 0800 28 28 21
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby raisindot » Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Catch-up wrote:I have to admit, it was hard to keep a straight face through the sales pitch.

On vacation, I found a pretty foolproof way of getting timeshare "awards" without sitting through the whole thing. I'd let one of these grifters harass me into attending a session, sound incredibly excited and interested for about the first ten minutes, and then break in and ask them if my "recent personal bankruptcy and the foreclosure on my home" would affect my ability to sign up. They'd immediately tense up and give me the look of death and tell me I wasn't qualified, and I'd just say, "That's too bad. I really wanted to do this. Please give me my prize." And they would. Every time. And off I'd go. :lol:
raisindot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 21, 2013 1:24 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Love it! It's amazing how many telesales people lose interest when you tell them you are renting rather than a house owner. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm

raisindot wrote:
Catch-up wrote:I have to admit, it was hard to keep a straight face through the sales pitch.

On vacation, I found a pretty foolproof way of getting timeshare "awards" without sitting through the whole thing. I'd let one of these grifters harass me into attending a session, sound incredibly excited and interested for about the first ten minutes, and then break in and ask them if my "recent personal bankruptcy and the foreclosure on my home" would affect my ability to sign up. They'd immediately tense up and give me the look of death and tell me I wasn't qualified, and I'd just say, "That's too bad. I really wanted to do this. Please give me my prize." And they would. Every time. And off I'd go. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are officially going on my consultant list.
Catch-up

Postby Jack Remillard » Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 pm

raisindot wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Nice! And there's a U.S. version. Might have to bookmark that page.

I always just hit 0 over and over. Eventually, the system gives up and puts me in touch with a human being.

Last time I tried that, I just got a rather indignant sounding "You have input an invalid response. Goodbye."
Jack Remillard

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 pm

The point is that you can enter the numbers without having to listen to several minutes of menus all of which are usually being charged for on premium rate phone lines

Note: This was a reply to a now deleted post
Last edited by The Mad Collector on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Think that's a spam as it misses the point completely while posting a completely random link.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Not sure Pip as the previous two posts by her were appropriate to their threads and the link is to a Finnish accounting service which is exactly what she is talking about
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Next

Return to The Broken Drum