How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chris.ph » Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 am

im plannning on it :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 17, 2013 6:47 am

And take something for the cough too ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby ChristianBecker » Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 am

Hope you recuperate well, Chris.

Feeling a bit strange today. Excited and a bit panicked.
Today was my first "tea exam". Got a mixture of herbs and stuff and had to identify it. Went quite well, except for one thing (deadly nightshade - didn't find enough leaves to be sure it was really in there, but a lot of those little seeds or whatever that usually accompany the leaves; still, I'm quite sure it was correct to say it was in there). However, I had to cook up the plant material with KOH (potassium hydroxide) and 2 times I wore goggles when doing it, the last time I plainly forgot it and my professor got really angry and threatened to exclude me from the exam (well, rightly so, actually - but I was stressed and just forgot to put them on this last time). Gave me a bad feeling.
On top of that, the guy who sat opposite me took my notes (we're allowed to have them, as long as we wrote them ourselves), then gave them back to me and asked me for a name of a plant and threw me some of the seeds whose name he forgot. This, of course, is not allowed. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but if so, I really hope that there are no consequences, because it was not as if I cheated.

Later today, I have another exam. :(
I'm probably prepared well enough, but after what happened just now I don't feel too well.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am

Hang in there, Christian. It sounds like exam jitters and understandably so. I'm sure you'll do just fine.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 17, 2013 11:46 am

Put a long straw in the can Chris save the strain of lifting it. ;) :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Sorry Christian, sounds stressful!

I am soooo tired. I've been going non-stop all week, very little downtime and getting woken up early nearly every morning. Today there's a party in Vivian's class to celebrate all the summer birthdays. Should be fun, but I would give anything just to stay home and do nothing today. I should be using the time before the party to work out, but I can't talk myself into it. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby ChristianBecker » Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I hope you can get some rest soon, Catch-up.
The other exam went well, didn't hear anything about the tea exam, though.
Actually, that's a good sign, I think.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Catch-up wrote:Sorry Christian, sounds stressful!

I am soooo tired. I've been going non-stop all week, very little downtime and getting woken up early nearly every morning. Today there's a party in Vivian's class to celebrate all the summer birthdays. Should be fun, but I would give anything just to stay home and do nothing today. I should be using the time before the party to work out, but I can't talk myself into it. :roll:

Try some Gingsen Catch-up that will give you some energy, good if you work out too, boosts your endurence.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Hugs to all that need them.

I am actually on the puter tonight because my oldest (Truly) has her computer blown up and her phone only supports facebook not emails..... and heres the sad part... we are getting twice daily updates on Grandma's condition in hospital :( from my ex-husbands brother (the nice husband, Trulys Dad). He is sitting with her and sending emails so I am copying them and messaging them to Truly. Its Grandma's birthday today.. shes 83.

Its been a long long long weekend. So worried. She is so ill.

Grandma (I call her mum; the only person I would ever call mum apart from my own mum) is the most amazing person put on the earth. People say that the best thing to come out of my marriage was having my daughter Truly; true.... but getting Grandma was an extra special bonus too. She is tiny and very very round and soft and cuddles so long and hard you have to have a "safe word" to come up for air. All my girls call her Grandma even though she's only official Truly's... and that was at HER bequest; that the other girls think of her as Grandma. She's so special that Hayden used to call her OWN grandmother "Dads mother", and this one Grandma :lol:

She's a hell of a fighter to hang on this long. She is so very seriously ill. She is supposed to be on dialysis (thats usual for her) but she has pneumonia and they THINK she has meningitis. She usually talks a hundred to the dozen but cant talk so it must be so frustrating for her. I am hanging in hope that if she can get her dialysis and get some of the pneumonia cleared that she can fight the brain infection (if thats what she has... they arent too sure yet).

SISTER JENN? I know you work at Rocky hospital... are you on wards?
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Del, huge hugs for you and Grandma!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Mon May 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Hugs from me as well Del.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby chris.ph » Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm

and me as well del
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm

((((hugs)))) del. Hope she picks up soon.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon May 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Add me to the list of well wishers Del.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 pm

{{{hugs Del and Grandma}}}
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum