What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 pm

but Del, that wasn't a wild koala, it was a specially trained ninja koala. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

:P

Hows this for NICE.... Grandma was supposed to be picked up by taxi on a regular booking for her hospital appointment on last Friday and the taxi arrived and beeped his horn. No Grandma. So he waited. No Grandma. He went around the back to see if she was coming as thats the way she usually comes out... down the driveway. (She's usually a very active and on time person) No Grandma. But he found the door ajar and went in where he found Grandma on the floor and talking gibberish. He rang the ambulance and when it came to get her, he stayed behind in the house to lock up but not before hunting through the mail on the table and found a birthday card with a name and city postmark.

He took it down and sat in his car for the next hour or so with the WHite Pages calling every person of that name in Brisbane (another city) and asking if they knew Grandma until he found the card sender so she could phone Grandma's family to let them know what happened. :D

And then he contacted the hospital the next day to see how she was doing and if all the relatives had been contacted.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby pip » Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Nice to see someone being selfless. Doubt many Taxi drivers would bother .
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon May 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Great story. How is Grandma?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 1:40 pm

She's not well Bouncy. :( BUT... she's not dead! :D and while she takes a breath, she has fight does mum! We are trying to get Truly up there but she has to see her (Truly's) doctor tomorrow and it couldnt be rescheduled. I would be up there too with the girls if I had the funds but I dont so it is what it is. I spoke to her oldest son (hes a great guy) but they are restricting access to her in any case so she can rest somewhat.

Thing is.... I am used to sick people. They arent. I would love him to hold the phone up to her ear so we could say hello but she cant respond (talk) and they feel its frustrating for her. Funny huh? Considering I had a child who couldnt talk or answer for the first 7 years of her life... I kind of understand how to do this. But.... he is updating us fully so cant ask for more I guess. Hanging in there and have everything crossed for her.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Fingers crossed for her, Del.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks Bouncy. We all do. The girls are taking it badly.

Hey! On the smiley side of life.... :D :D Its BLOODY COLD HERE! Hayden talks about you EVERY night as she climbs into her 1D pajamas :D I do believe she thinks you are personally responsible for keeping her warm this winter. :lol: :lol:

OMG! She got a life-size stand up of Harry! I walked up the hall the first night she got it to find her dressing him in her sweater with a scarf :lol: :lol: Finding him nicely tucked up in bed was a little disconcerting. :lol: :lol: He's getting a bit bendy.
Del

Postby Conforumist » Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Del wrote::P

Hows this for NICE.... Grandma was supposed to be picked up by taxi on a regular booking for her hospital appointment on last Friday and the taxi arrived and beeped his horn. No Grandma. So he waited. No Grandma. He went around the back to see if she was coming as thats the way she usually comes out... down the driveway. (She's usually a very active and on time person) No Grandma. But he found the door ajar and went in where he found Grandma on the floor and talking gibberish. He rang the ambulance and when it came to get her, he stayed behind in the house to lock up but not before hunting through the mail on the table and found a birthday card with a name and city postmark.

He took it down and sat in his car for the next hour or so with the WHite Pages calling every person of that name in Brisbane (another city) and asking if they knew Grandma until he found the card sender so she could phone Grandma's family to let them know what happened. :D

And then he contacted the hospital the next day to see how she was doing and if all the relatives had been contacted.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a great story to start my day! Well, we are just about to start our coastal drive down California Hwy 1!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Joolz, nice bike!

Del, that is such a wonderful story. So sorry you're not close enough to visit Grandma or hug that taxi driver. Hope she recovers quickly!

Two things made me smile this weekend. A friend sent me a picture from his trip to Disney World. He's posing with Frozone and Mr. Incredible. He's a big, tall guy and they're all doing the same pose, he looks just like one of the superheroes! :lol: I love it.

The other thing is that hubby has been a DIY powerhouse! He fixed the front screen/storm door, painted both front and back doors and started painting the garage doors. Made a nightstand shelf for Thing 1. AND he cooked out on the grill both days this weekend. Wow.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Yay for DIY! :D But please not in our house. Mr Dotsie wants to devastate/renovate the dining room next :( More dust.

pip wrote:Nice to see someone being selfless. Doubt many Taxi drivers would bother .

I disagree, Mr Cynical pants :P Hope she gets better soon del :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Mon May 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Del wrote:She's not well Bouncy. :( BUT... she's not dead! :D ...

You should give her Granny's sign: I Ain't Dead!

Fingers crossed that she soon recovers, Del. Having a Bloody-Minded temperament helps!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Conversation I just had with Kadri (my Estonian friend), she is sounding happier than she has done for a while, probably down to her mother arriving in the UK next week. :D She is bringing her here for a couple of days and wants me to cook something unusual for them whilst they are here as she has told her mother that I am a good cook especially of things that she is not expecting. I feel pot roast zebra could be on the menu soon :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Dotsie wrote:Yay for DIY! :D But please not in our house. Mr Dotsie wants to devastate/renovate the dining room next :( More dust.

Uh-oh! :shock: Hope you can talk him out of it.

The Mad Collector wrote:Conversation I just had with Kadri (my Estonian friend), she is sounding happier than she has done for a while, probably down to her mother arriving in the UK next week. :D She is bringing her here for a couple of days and wants me to cook something unusual for them whilst they are here as she has told her mother that I am a good cook especially of things that she is not expecting. I feel pot roast zebra could be on the menu soon :D

Mmmm.. roast zebra. What more could they ask for? :lol: Let us know what you end up making.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 am

The Mad Collector wrote:Conversation I just had with Kadri (my Estonian friend), she is sounding happier than she has done for a while, probably down to her mother arriving in the UK next week. :D She is bringing her here for a couple of days and wants me to cook something unusual for them whilst they are here as she has told her mother that I am a good cook especially of things that she is not expecting. I feel pot roast zebra could be on the menu soon :D

cockles, laverbread and blackpudding would be an eye opener for them mad :D :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Penfold » Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 am

chris.ph wrote:

cockles, laverbread and blackpudding would be an eye opener for them mad :D :D

Maybe something from Nanny Ogg's Cookbook? Some of the recipes in there look delicious. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum