Doctor Who 2013

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Doctor Who 2013

Postby Quatermass » Sun May 19, 2013 10:47 am

Good episode, could have been better (it was obvious that footage of the old Doctors had been spliced in whenever there weren't body doubles), but I liked the conclusion.

Spoiler: show
The resolution of Clara's story was not unlike the Bad Wolf story arc, only this time, it actually made some sense.

Not only that, but my theory about the Great Intelligence turned out to be wrong after all! The Great Intelligence, when it scattered itself across the Doctor's timeline, did end up in the 17th century to take over Padmasambhava. I've never been so glad to be wrong, as I thought Moffat had stuffed up by having the Great Intelligence 'born' in the 19th century. :D

Best episodes? Cold War and The Crimson Horror, both by Mark Gatiss, coincidentally.

Worst episode? Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.

But if we take last year's episodes into account, here are the best and worst for the seventh season.

Best: A Town Called Mercy, The Snowmen, Cold War, and The Crimson Horror.

Worst: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, The Power of Three and Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby simmonds91 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Though they aren't the best or worst for me, the listed episodes have been swapped around, I think journey to the centre of the tardis was an awesome episode and a town called mercy was rubbish for example.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Jack Remillard » Sun May 19, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm going to rate them in terms of enjoyment, rather than any assessment of quality. :D

The ones I most enjoyed of the full series 7 - The Name Of The Doctor, A Town Called Mercy, The Angels Take Manhattan, The Snowmen, The Crimson Horror and Hide

Really quite enjoyed - Cold War, Asylum Of The Daleks, Dinosaurs On A Spaceship (silly, but fun), The Bells Of Saint John.

Indifferent, but I enjoyed bits of them - The Power Of Three, The Rings of Akhaten, Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS, Nightmare In Silver (which really did have some great bits, but just didn't turn out as well as it could have).
Jack Remillard

Postby Square12 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Ok faves: Crimson Horror, angels take Manhattan, Dinosaurs on a spaceship, snowmen, asylum of the daleks, town called mercy.
Enjoyed but could have been better: bells of St. John, rings of akhaten, Cold War, journey to the centre of the tardis, name of the doctor, nightmare in silver (last two more because of expectations)
Indifferent: hide, power of three (had to remind myself what it was about by far the weakest from season 7 IMHO)
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby simmonds91 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 am

I can enjoy a dr who episode even if it is badly made, it just doesn't happen often. Take the episode where that ship smashes big Ben for example, that episode was pretty good, I clearly saw that the ship was cgi though. If I enjoy an episode I can overlook the bad stuff, eg. JNC obviously cut into the old episodes in the name of the dr, I thought it was a decent episode.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Square12 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:18 am

I understand that I just felt it wasn't integral to the plot her actually being in the clips.
Square12

Postby simmonds91 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Square12 wrote:I understand that I just felt it wasn't integral to the plot her actually being in the clips.

My reply was actually towards jack more than anyone 65% jack 35% everyone else. I also don't actually expect JNC to properly be in the clips, that would be impossible, bbc had no choice but to make it look a bit rubbish in places.
simmonds91

Postby Del » Fri May 31, 2013 9:43 am

A bit rubbish? !!!!!!!!!! Wash your mouth out with fish custard you heathen!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Square12 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am

Del wrote:A bit rubbish? !!!!!!!!!! Wash your mouth out with fish custard you heathen!

It's not fish custard it's fish fingers in custard completely different!
Square12

Postby Watchman44 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby chillicamper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 am

Nnooooooooooooooo! :(
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby chillicamper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 am

And the BBC news article with Matt Smith's full statement :cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 am

I knew this months ago that Matt's contract was ending with this season
I'm looking forward to seeing the next actor and how he makes the role of the Doctor works for him
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:37 am

I rather hope that they will buck the current trend and go for an older 'professor' style Doctor rather than the increasingly younger 'all action hero' type. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:03 am

same here the way the trend is going the thought of a teenage Doctor repels me Image
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre