Good Omens.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Could Johnny Depp be Death? Or, Keith Richards?, I mean he ALREADY looks like Death warmed up a tad. :twisted: I know, I know it has been shelved, but tis a fun lil thread with Jan's "Hollywood Rant" :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Maybe Cheery can draw it for us? Keith would be great though looks-wise
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:40 pm

he would be Keith Death :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:43 pm

I liked Good Omens, my first Gaiman book, and I fear what a movie could do to it... :roll:
And just to go off topic again, how many movies they made from TP's work? I watched the colour of magic with an English Twoflower (!?!), but only because my friend Alisa took it from the internet... It's not sold in Italy.. :evil:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:he would be Keith Death :D

Exactly, just use a pic of him from the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie as a model, he looks half dead in that one anyway. :lol:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:05 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I liked Good Omens, my first Gaiman book, and I fear what a movie could do to it... :roll:
And just to go off topic again, how many movies they made from TP's work? I watched the colour of magic with an English Twoflower (!?!), but only because my friend Alisa took it from the internet... It's not sold in Italy.. :evil:
Hogfather was the first, the next one is Going Postal, will be shown on Sky1 at Christmas this year,You can order the Dvd's from PJSM Prints link to their website www.paulkidby.com.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 pm

We are not serious about any of this, it's just our way of letting the "not bad kind of mad" sort of Run Amok style of fing.

No fears or worries, eh?

Postby kakaze » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Probably nobody will agree with me, but I'd like to see Death played by Christopher Lloyd.
kakaze

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:53 am

I'd agree - Chris Lloyd is wunderful! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jason » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Hogfather was the first, the next one is Going Postal, will be shown on Sky1 at Christmas this year,You can order the Dvd's from PJSM Prints link to their website www.paulkidby.com.

Sorry to disagree but as far as I know Going Postal will not be on Sky1 until Easter 2010.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 pm

I will take your word for it Jason,If you didn't know who would. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Thnak you both Wee and Jason :)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Taliesin » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:21 am

I loved GO one of my favourite's of Terry's (and therefore one of my favourites full stop), I must say I couldn't detect any Gaiman in there. I've read all of the Sandman which I adored and Coraline which was very good and genuinely unsettling, but Neverwhere was rubbish; some good ideas, a fair few bad ones and dreadful prose. I find his atual writing really flat and uninspiring. I'm not inclined to read any more o his adult novels after that.

I'd hate to see any of Terry's books turned into a film, I just think they'd be violated. I saw about 5 mins of Hogfather and turned it off, it simply didn't live up to the way I'd imagined it and I didn't want to have the book spoilt for me.
Taliesin

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:53 am

I think films based on any book will have problems because every fan will imagine things in different ways. I don't think I've ever seen a film that's matched the picture I've had in my head from reading the book. Although this is the case for the DW films I've seen, I think they maintained the story and feel of the books reasonably well :)

I'm a fan of Good Omens myself :D It was my first Neil Gaiman book too and I can see how the two writing styles blend and I think it works really well :) But then, as a fan of TP it's unlikely I wouldn't have enjoyed it!
Phoenix

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:25 pm

The four bikers of the apocalypse really cracked me when they were following the 4 horsemen down the M6. so funny. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books