Star Trek walkout

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Star Trek walkout

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm

By this stupid potty mouthed cow, wonder if she is a KKK TEA PARTY MEMBER. :evil:

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/16/ann- ... inorities/
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Star Trek walkout

Postby Square12 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :think:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 18, 2013 12:33 pm

That's funny! She obviously doesn't 'get' Star Trek and seems to think that all this is new to the franchise. The Star Trek world is and always has been, one of the most positive views of a possible future. This is quite unlike most Sci-Fi, which tends towards a very bleak future.

And yes, Star Trek is unashamedly liberal in its outlook. It's anti-capitalist, anti-religion and anti-bigotry. I'm surprised this stupid woman bothered to go and see it in the first place. :roll:

I shall enjoy pointing this item out to Sharlene as she'll really get a kick out of the stupidity. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby TwoShotTino » Sat May 18, 2013 12:52 pm

I think she's just talked herself out of a lot of book sales, but then again this is America and it might have increased them
TwoShotTino

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Erm - "since when have black people been able to speak foreign languages"?!!!!! :doh:

How's Ann Coulter's Swahili I wonder? Or French, or Irish, or grammatical English come to that :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Square12 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Erm - "since when have black people been able to speak foreign languages"?!!!!! :doh:

How's Ann Coulter's Swahili I wonder? Or French, or Irish, or grammatical English come to that :evil:

Omg didn't notice that lovely little line first time round!

I'd arguably say that some races have more of a difficulty pronouncing certain sounds within some languages, but that's as far as I'd go. To be honest there are probably more black fluent bilingual Franco-anglophones than whites.
Square12

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Yes, like English people trying to pronounce Welsh words. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Square12 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Lol, not exactly what I meant but yes, that'd be an example, although I was meaning more due to slight physical differences, between races.
Square12

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 19, 2013 5:21 am

Apparently this is a satirical online magazine and the stories are not real. Although from what I've heard, this comment by this woman is not far from the truth.
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 am

Liberal? I find Doctor Who liberal in comparison to Star Trek.

But yeah, what bloody stick has this woman got up her fundament? :roll:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby =Tamar » Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Apparently this is a satirical online magazine and the stories are not real. Although from what I've heard, this comment by this woman is not far from the truth.

You are correct. It is definitely satirical, like the better-known website, The Onion. One of their other "stories" has Pope Benedict coming out as gay. The trouble is, several of their stories are so close to the subject's actual beliefs that they are believable.
=Tamar
=Tamar

Postby raptornx01 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:44 am

Yeah, I've listened to ann coulter before, while she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and she does say some outlandish stuff, she isn't "quite" that bad. Still funny though :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby jaeger » Mon May 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Vote Ann Coulter Yeay :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I never doubted the story was true until I read further down the thread. That's what a waste of space this woman is. The story is totally believable.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby simmonds91 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:39 pm

The woman thinks the ship would fall apart if the captain wasn't american, people like this shouldn't be taken seriously.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre