Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 am

Anything which encourages people to read is not an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

A gadget which allows me to fit a 600 page book into my handbag without my shoulder feeling like it's going to pop is not an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

People who won't shut up about ereaders, even though as far as I'm aware it's not compulsory to own one, are on their way to becoming an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

It's a bloody book without pages, it's not a weapon FFS :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

Dotsie wrote:It's a bloody book without pages, it's not a weapon FFS :roll:

It is with its weight added to your already deadly handbag. ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 am

Dotsie wrote:Anything which encourages people to read is not an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

A gadget which allows me to fit a 600 page book into my handbag without my shoulder feeling like it's going to pop is not an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

People who won't shut up about ereaders, even though as far as I'm aware it's not compulsory to own one, are on their way to becoming an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

Not a kindle but I'm sure you lot can get my drift
Ghost

Postby pip » Fri May 17, 2013 9:53 am

Dotsie wrote:Anything which encourages people to read is not an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

I don't think ereaders in general have encouraged people to read . We'll agree to disagree on it.
And remember kids books are much more fun in paper ;)
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 am

Like I would let my kids near my iPad :roll:

I see more people with ereaders on public transport than with books, but I've never seen a lot of people reading books anyway. So I would say that people who weren't necessarily big readers have been bought a gadget that they think they might as well get use out of.

Also, I can read books without anyone seeing the title, which is handy when I'm reading a lot of social care books and people I work with share my commute sometimes.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby pip » Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 am

Dotsie wrote:Like I would let my kids near my iPad :roll:

I see more people with ereaders on public transport than with books, but I've never seen a lot of people reading books anyway. So I would say that people who weren't necessarily big readers have been bought a gadget that they think they might as well get use out of.

Also, I can read books without anyone seeing the title, which is handy when I'm reading a lot of social care books and people I work with share my commute sometimes.

You make it sound like you can stop a child getting there hands on something they want. I've seen very few ereaders on buses and mostly when I do they read for ten minutes max then give up . Probably not a bad gizmo for text books and academic books though (don't tell bouncy I said that)
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Catch-up wrote:Cats that wake you up at 4:45am by howling non-stop are an Abomination Unto Nuggan. :evil:

Again. Except replace howling with walking on my head. :evil:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm

pip wrote: You make it sound like you can stop a child getting there hands on something they want.

We'll be locking the pads in the safe until wee ones are in bed. They'll get a reconditioned model from ebay.

pip wrote:I've seen very few ereaders on buses and mostly when I do they read for ten minutes max then give up . Probably not a bad gizmo for text books and academic books though (don't tell bouncy I said that)

People in the north west must read loads then :P How many paper books do you see people reading?

I've got textbooks and papers on mine, plus my notes, and I don't need a table to spread them out on :D
Dotsie

Postby pip » Fri May 17, 2013 1:24 pm

reading on public transport is always a rare site here to be honest . I always do but most seem to sleep or listen to MP3s too bloody loud.
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Which are, of course, and Abomination Unto Nuggan.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Trying to wind Bouncy up and managing to wind Dotsie up instead is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

I think it's a Delight Unto Om, myself! :mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 17, 2013 2:49 pm

I'd like to think I won that round :D I dare anyone to disagree!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

:whistle:

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum