Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 16, 2013 9:13 pm

She came to Sharlene and my wedding. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 pm

And I met Catch up at the 1st NADWCon in Tempe, Phoenix.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TinatheConfused » Sat May 18, 2013 4:01 am

Thanks guys, you always lift me out of my dungeon of self recrimination and "ooh I am Pissed off" Oubilette. We have found a place in Byron, closer to our house and with what sounds like a better fit has dropped into our lap.

I feel a bit better. I had about 24 hours of the most intense rage. It was a whole night of wrong angles, like trying to run hurdles backwards. I have to take control of my own destiny. Had we not taken our instruments in there, we would probably have simply left. We got asked to stay and play and Brad played his Sho-Bud Pedal Steel guitar, then later I finally decided to join in when the others had left the stage. I really let them have it in messages on FB and on their page. I suppose that is a burnt bridge. I don't usually do that... ever. We are looking forward to this new gig and even visited the bar and had lunch.

Catch-up, you are such a good mother and I applaud you for your intense love and work on your children's behalf. It takes great courage to accept such challenges and succeed. I have seen incredible progress over the last few years. Your obstacles will never go away... (Lordy don't I know) but you are on the right path.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby =Tamar » Sat May 18, 2013 4:17 am

raptornx01 wrote:for taste and things like that, every kind of music has its audience. don't let anyone make you think you shouldn't play what you want to play. Do what you damn well please, if they don't like it, **** em, if they complain, PLAY MORE. Never let anyone tell you you can't like what you want to like. and if they try, you keep on anyway, and you do it more, and you do it harder.

Damn right! Play on!
=Tamar

Postby wicked woman » Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am

TinatheConfused wrote:Thanks guys, you always lift me out of my dungeon of self recrimination and "ooh I am Pissed off" Oubilette. We have found a place in Byron, closer to our house and with what sounds like a better fit has dropped into our lap.

I feel a bit better. I had about 24 hours of the most intense rage. It was a whole night of wrong angles, like trying to run hurdles backwards. I have to take control of my own destiny. Had we not taken our instruments in there, we would probably have simply left. We got asked to stay and play and Brad played his Sho-Bud Pedal Steel guitar, then later I finally decided to join in when the others had left the stage. I really let them have it in messages on FB and on their page. I suppose that is a burnt bridge. I don't usually do that... ever. We are looking forward to this new gig and even visited the bar and had lunch.

Catch-up, you are such a good mother and I applaud you for your intense love and work on your children's behalf. It takes great courage to accept such challenges and succeed. I have seen incredible progress over the last few years. Your obstacles will never go away... (Lordy don't I know) but you are on the right path.

Glad you are feeling better Tina.

Agree with you about Catch-up.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Tina - hang in there but look for pastures new that will appreciate you properly and not bring you down so much as this bar. Life's too short to waste on getting jerked around... ;)

Catch-up - better the devil you know etc :shifty: Seriously - this woman knows she can't mess you around and if Ava's doing so well then, like you said the continuity may be a positive feature, despite the history, as it's one thing you're used to among all other upcoming changes that'll maybe need new coping strategies ;)

Wot she said ^

Tina. When I was first married to my husband (the nice one) he was a recording engineer who did national tours as the sound dude for some major bands. I didn't go on the road with him but if he was somewhere nearby during long tours I would try to get there to see him if it had been awhile (nearby... Australia...4 hour car trip :lol: ) I remember this one night a friend had driven me down to a major country city for our wedding anniversary (and remember this band had played major gigs in major cities) and it was the worst experience of our lives.... we ended up locked in the venues top floor for four hours while the crowd tore the place up and the riot squad tried to protect us and the equipment and the innocents. Mean crowds happen at the best of gigs. Hang in there and find venues and patrons that appreciate you.

Catch-up: Dont even talk to me about schools! Had all this calming conference thing happen at the beginning of the year and assured the teachers would break up the lesson for Hayden and its just not happening. She came home with maths homework this weekend for high school students. She can only add and subtract if time and a calculator is on hand! Her drama lessons are very involved lessons plans with subjective and objective 1000 word assignments for in depth analysis of plays! Her science is advanced biology this term... she has a third grade education at best! So much for all the conferences and plans! I am tearing my hair out. I met with her teachers again about two weeks ago and made it clear she does her own homework so they can see how she is doing..... but this week she got into trouble for having "parent help" with an assignment on ROCKS because our printer is broken and I did the lettering for her. UGH.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 pm

That just doesn't seem fair, Del.

Not only the Rocks thing, but the amount of work she's supposed to do seems to be way above her level.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 pm

It is waaaaaaaaaay above her level Bouncy. She is supposed to get a mini version of the lessons; and taught to her in points so she does one thing and its checked, etc. Its not happening. I am seriously thinking about putting her in a special ed unit/school but that would take months IF it could happen... our policy to special needs kids is for mainstream education (even if its the worst thing for them). They are SUPPOSED to get additional help.... dont know one parent who has a good outcome. On the plus side I think mainstream is better for her from a social point of view... you know, being used to working in a mainstream world which is what she will be expected to do in real life (although I am not even sure of that anymore)
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby TinatheConfused » Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Del, that is terrible. Oh I wish I could come and be a momma BEAR for her too. It seems like they are just futzing about.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone! Got a response from the Director listing the same pros we had in mind for keeping her with the current TC. However, he expressed that they would do their best to switch her if we thought the other TC would work out better. Well, not knowing the other TC at all, my only option was to reiterate our concerns and politely hit the ball back into his court. I said we would be 100% on board if the staff there felt sure there wouldn't be a repeat of any of this year's issues. We'll see!

Del, I am so, so sorry about what Hayden's going through. Neither of you need this kind of stress. And I know you've had such a hard time with the schools. We know how lucky we are to have the people we've worked with and the recourse we do. Even the person I'm complaining about really genuinely wants Ava to succeed. I hope you're able to get the school to see reason and make this a better school year for Hayden. I'm always thinking of you guys!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Del wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Tina - hang in there but look for pastures new that will appreciate you properly and not bring you down so much as this bar. Life's too short to waste on getting jerked around... ;)

Catch-up - better the devil you know etc :shifty: Seriously - this woman knows she can't mess you around and if Ava's doing so well then, like you said the continuity may be a positive feature, despite the history, as it's one thing you're used to among all other upcoming changes that'll maybe need new coping strategies ;)

Wot she said ^

What she said she said!
Del wrote:... I met with her teachers again about two weeks ago and made it clear she does her own homework so they can see how she is doing..... but this week she got into trouble for having "parent help" with an assignment on ROCKS because our printer is broken and I did the lettering for her. UGH.

Instead of meeting with them, can you put your concerns in writing? Then they can't pretend that they aren't aware of their responsibilities, and duty to H.
:confusion-shrug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chillicamper » Tue May 21, 2013 5:41 am

Catch-up Hope the school recognise your concerns and can give you some reassurances that the situation will be closely monitored.

Del - I feel your frustration. We have a supposedly decent 'Statement of Special needs' system which gives us regualr meetings to discuss progress and the best way to tackle situations. We always attend these and go through all of D's physical issues every year.......but then still find out that they are moving his lunch times, or not letting him have a drink when he needs it or not planning trips with sufficient access to toilets etc. I know they have 30 kids in a class, but that's what the statement/meetings are for - to ensure they provide additional resources when required.

Give 'em hell and ask why they have conveniently managed to forget everything you have already spoken about!
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Chilli, so sorry you can't get the school to grasp what D needs. It's maddening.

No word back from the school yet. But, saw the director when I picked up the girls yesterday and he did a very sweet thing. One of the things I mentioned was that I had the perception that this TC thought we were problem parents. He made a point to come talk to me and very sincerely and firmly insisted that we were not, which was so thoughtful.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 am

Went out to start the camper yesterday morning to find a 6 inch crack in the windscreen :( . No sign of how it happened?? It's at the bottom of the screen, so not in the way for driving at the moment. So now I have to decide.......do I claim on the insurance and pay a 75 quid excess - this means allowing someone else to do the work on the van :shock:

or do I source a screen myself and put it in myself?? :think: Gonna cost more that way, as I think my insurance will only cover windscreen claims if done by their approved repairer.......but then I get to do the job, and also check out the metalwork under the rubber seal and remedy any rust that may be there?? It's probably gonna cost me 180 quid for a screen and new seal.

or I could shell out 280 quid and get a heated front screen........but them that means doing a load of rewiring and fitting relays etc and I don't like electrics :think: Hmmmmm I think I'm gonna think on this one for a bit and see if I have the money to do it myself or not.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Tonyblack » Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 am

That's terrible, Chilli! Poor Jose! :(

I was thinking of you and Jose last night when I was watching Richard Wilson in Britain's Best Drives. He was driving a split screen VW Camper along the North Cornish coast. Although the way he was grinding the gears might well be torture to you.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum