New Freeview Channel Coming Soon

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

New Freeview Channel Coming Soon

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 am

UKTV has announced that they will be adding a new member to their already large portfolio of entertainment channels.

On July 8th, the network will launch Drama – a new channel available on Freeview targeted at ABC1 Adults which will showcase the best of British drama and actors who have gone on to join Hollywood’s elite. The channel will feature such shows as Pride & Prejudice, The Cinder Path, Sharpe, Tipping the Velvet, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Cranford and Lark Rise to Candleford.

Drama is the first new channel that UKTV has launched since Really in 2009 and comes as UKTV is enjoying a period of unparalleled success. In addition to being the UK fastest growing commercial network, UKTV has enjoyed record breaking ratings in 2012, increasing its audience share by 10%. Drama joins three other free-to-air channels on UKTV: Dave, Really and Yesterday. Adrian Wills, currently General Manager of UKTV’s Factual Channels, will assume the role of General Manager for Drama.

“Drama is targeted at a different audience demographic than our other highly successful free-to-air channels, Dave, Yesterday and Really”, said Emma Tennant, Controller of UKTV. “ The channel is aimed at people who simply love drama and want to watch critically-acclaimed shows that have absolutely defined the landscape of British television. I am very passionate about the subject and discussing the programmes that will create Drama’s schedule has just been brilliant fun. I’m genuinely excited about the launch of Drama both as a viewer and as Controller.”

While Adrian Wills, General Manager of Drama, added: “Drama lovers’ prayers have been answered. This channel represents the best drama content within the genre and we are confident that viewers will enjoy these celebrated shows.”
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: New Freeview Channel Coming Soon

Postby Dotsie » Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am

There'll be drama in our house on 8th July, if I don't get a present (it's our wedding anniversary ;) ).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Look out Mr Dotsie, you have been warned :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby simmonds91 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 am

Never heard of this uktv, I did enjoy dave when I had sky though and yesterday was very handy for the shows I had missed. I dislike dramas, they bore me to tears.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Square12 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 pm

I do like sharpe, but have them all on DVD anyway, auf weidersen pet had its moments. I've also recently started watching hornblower on itv3 very similar feel to sharpe
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Square12 wrote:I do like sharpe, but have them all on DVD anyway, auf weidersen pet had its moments. I've also recently started watching hornblower on itv3 very similar feel to sharpe

When Bernard Cornwell wrote the Sharpe books, he was trying to create a Hornblower on land. :)

The first three books in the Hornblower series (chronologically) are what they've based the TV shows on.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Return to TV, film, theatre