What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Ghost » Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 am

raptornx01 wrote:
Ghost wrote:today I have been mostly geeking out watching X Men Evolution I was looking for X men from the early 90's but this is good

Loved Evo. Wasn't the best at the start but got really good as it went along.

Liked the 90's version too, but could be achingly slow at times. For a saturday morning cartoon it was surprisingly story heavy and melodramatic. Especially with Wolverine and his little love triangle with Jean Grey and Scott Summers. How do take a badassed, action-oriented character and devote an entire episode to him sitting on his bed and moping over the fact Jean liked Scott more than him?
I love almost anything to do with the xmen but I can't stomach the brand new re-booted version far far too dark for my taste
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Square12 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:35 pm

First class was dire as was some elements of wolverine origins namely deadpool, I mean seriously wth!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Watched Rush Hour 3 last night. I knew it was going to be bad, and it was, but I still loved it. :D Lots of classic Jackie Chan action. He still looks great, and I'm still in love with him. Added bonus, Chris Tucker wasn't nearly as annoying as he usually is. Still annoying, just not as much. And, the out-takes were the best of course. :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby pip » Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 am

Catch-up wrote:Watched Rush Hour 3 last night. I knew it was going to be bad, and it was, but I still loved it. :D Lots of classic Jackie Chan action. He still looks great, and I'm still in love with him. Added bonus, Chris Tucker wasn't nearly as annoying as he usually is. Still annoying, just not as much. And, the out-takes were the best of course. :lol:

Painful but good. You know it sucks but still keep laughing at it.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Dotsie » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 am

I love crappy films with laughs and action :D Who wants some serious emotional stuff to unwind to? Not me! Chop socky ass-kicking attitude every time! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Watched Red Dwarf X again this evening, really funny and just what I needed
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Watched Red Dwarf X again this evening, really funny and just what I needed

I love the way they have sold that DVD with a reversible cover so it will match the rest of the BBC videos. Such a thoughtful point.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 am

:D
Last edited by Ghost on Thu May 16, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu May 16, 2013 8:24 am

Went to watch the new Star Trek on Tuesday and have to say I came out rather disappointed
Won't go into reasons why as I don't want to give any spoilers away
TwoShotTino

Postby Catch-up » Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 am

Tried a couple of new series that have popped up on Netflix recently. Hemlock Grove, watched the first episode. Horrible. Copper, have watched the first few episodes, really good!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby janet » Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I've recently been watching some episodes of Time Team on 4oD as it's been years since I saw any. Then I discovered that they have all the episodes available, so I watched the first ever. :lol: They all look so young!

And in that episode, they didn't even dig any ditches. :?

I found a box of VHS tapes which included some of the very early Time team episodes. My old telly is old enough to have a built-in tape player so I had great fun watching them. One of the first was set in Much Wenlock and we missed the recording of it by moving. It was such fun to see the town just as we left it but how tame and polite the team all were! :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm

janet wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:I've recently been watching some episodes of Time Team on 4oD as it's been years since I saw any. Then I discovered that they have all the episodes available, so I watched the first ever. :lol: They all look so young!

And in that episode, they didn't even dig any ditches. :?

I found a box of VHS tapes which included some of the very early Time team episodes. My old telly is old enough to have a built-in tape player so I had great fun watching them. One of the first was set in Much Wenlock and we missed the recording of it by moving. It was such fun to see the town just as we left it but how tame and polite the team all were! :lol:

It poured down during most of that episode. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Joolz » Tue May 28, 2013 6:09 am

Watched Django Unchained last night Loved it :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Nothing! :( Still haven't managed to get out and see Iron Man 3 or the new Star Trek. Now there's Epic out and coming soon, Monster University and Planes.
Catch-up

Postby pip » Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Epic just looks like Avatar/Ferngully so I'll give it a miss but Iron man and Star Trek rocked. You're really missing out. Go quickly before you have to wait on the DVDs :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre