Bread & Dwater

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Bread & Dwater

Postby jaeger » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I have just entered the realm of baking :shock: . . . Of all things . . . . Bread ! A Sourdough

I have that feeling I'm being watched :shifty: . . . . if all goes wrong . . . will I have made a battle bread ? :o

Will I have to paint a smiley on me bum ???
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Re: Bread & Dwater

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:19 pm

When you get on Great British Bake Off, can you get me Sue Perkins' autograph? :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chillicamper » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:22 pm

making yer own bread - nothing tastes as good. Good on you for havinga go. :clap: I try and make a loaf every weekend - it's a good week of pummeling the weeks frustrations away! :lol:

I just did a standard white loaf this weekend, but did a spelt, honey and sunflower one last weekend. Mmmmmm :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Do you make a lot of dough doing it, Chilli. :whistle: :whistle:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:31 am

When I worked on out of hours support I used to make a lot of bread, it was a great way to vent frustrations after another night being woken up at 2am to be told something had gone wrong usually to find some idiot had switched a monitor off or the printer was out of paper which is why it wouldn't print :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am

I inherited a bread maker and had quite a few disasters. The ducks at the local lake benefited from them though. :?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby janet » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I inherited a bread maker and had quite a few disasters. The ducks at the local lake benefited from them though. :?

Poor ducks!
Had two breadmakers and neither worked well whatever I did.
I make sodabread quite often and it's delicious but I take pride in having made bread rolls for my Cookery O-level practical AND was top student in the subject for the year. That was a very long time ago.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby jaeger » Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Bread machines ? Bread Machines ?? :o :naughty:

All by hand and domestic oven :roll: . . . I'm still only on Day 5 of 6 cultivating the Sourdough Starter hoping and praying :pray: that the starter works

So tomorrow is mixing, kneading, proving, knocking back, re-proving & baking day :pray:

This is my expectation . . .

Probably setting myself up for a fall :roll:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Can we call you Mr Hollywood? :D That looks delicious.
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Thu May 02, 2013 5:09 pm

stock photo tony :whistle: :whistle: weve got to wait for jaegers results :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm

That's what you call using your loaf. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby jaeger » Thu May 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Can we call you Mr Hollywood? :D That looks delicious.

Spoiler: show
:lol:
chris.ph wrote:stock photo tony :whistle: :whistle: we've got to wait for jaegers results
Indeed indeed chris on both counts :shifty:

It is only a representation of my hopes Tony

The Mad Collector wrote:When I worked on out of hours support I used to make a lot of bread, it was a great way to vent frustrations
I can relate to that mad :lol:

Depending on results of the bake off :shifty: I may be in need of your address to forward some gen-you-ine battle bread for you to collect :shock: . . . Free of charge . . . and I'll be cuttin' me own throat at that :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's Wee Dug wrote:That's what you call using your loaf. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jaeger

Return to The Broken Drum