Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Was it a brass one Dotsie or was the copper pipe at the joint that broke. :?:

No idea Dug, Mr Dotsie tried various remedies but it's still dripping, I think he's going to get more aggressive with it today cos an emergency plumber won't cost as much in the daytime :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 am

If the stopcock itself is leaking it's not a particularly difficult job to fix, even I managed it once :roll: You need to freeze the water either side of the tap fitting and then you can simply replace the whole thing. Pipe freezing kits are only about £20 and a new stopcock is less than £10
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 am

He's got a pipe freezing kit, for changing the radiators, he just didn't want to do anything to it last night incase we ended up with water everywhere. He hit it with a hammer this morning, or whatever, and it seems OK, but we can't really put everything back in the cupboard cos we need to keep an eye on it. Crock pots and slow cooker and George Forman grill are sitting on the kitchen floor. *sigh*
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

Pipe freezing kit, what a good idea saves shutting the water off and maybe creating an air lock in older systems when turned back on.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby michelanCello » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that, Dotsie! :( my grandma always says: what can break, will. I know this doesn't sound like a cheering up, but the way she says it is kind of reassuring. Hugs!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Pipe freezing kit, what a good idea saves shutting the water off and maybe creating an air lock in older systems when turned back on.

I first used one when my brother was doing some electrical work at a friends house and cut into a pipe, we quickly froze the pipe and replaced the damaged section. :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

I have put a nail into a pipe when hammering protruding nails back into floorboards :oops: one of them would have been serious handy, but I doubt they about then.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Dotsie...... Dotsie dear...... take the hubby out into the garden for a little sit down and call the plumber.... just call the plumber!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby janet » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 pm

michelanCello wrote:Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that, Dotsie! :( my grandma always says: what can break, will. I know this doesn't sound like a cheering up, but the way she says it is kind of reassuring. Hugs!

mC - The law which states that 'If anything can go wrong, it will', is Sod's Law in this house. Your grandma would be far too nice to mention that :)
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Catch-up » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 pm

How's it going with the bathroom there today Dotsie?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:41 pm

janet wrote:
michelanCello wrote:Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that, Dotsie! :( my grandma always says: what can break, will. I know this doesn't sound like a cheering up, but the way she says it is kind of reassuring. Hugs!

mC - The law which states that 'If anything can go wrong, it will', is Sod's Law in this house. Your grandma would be far too nice to mention that :)

Actually it's Murphy's Law* that states that. Sod's Law is another name for it, but it also has a wider meaning.

*Not to be confused with Muphry's Law. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Catch-up wrote:How's it going with the bathroom there today Dotsie?

We have a flushing toilet, a bath, and hot water. Bliss! He's also finished building a cupboard, now he needs to do some plastering, get the electrician in, and fit the sink.

The leaky stopcock (does that translate? It's an "all off" water tap) is no longer leaking, but that seems to be mostly luck, so the bucket is staying in place until I get a new kitchen. Renovations, pfft! Over it!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 am

Tonyblack wrote:
janet wrote:

Actually it's Murphy's Law* that states that. Sod's Law is another name for it, but it also has a wider meaning.

*Not to be confused with Muphry's Law. :D

"Murphy was an optimist." Penfold's Law. ;)

(Actually, it's not mine - I just read it somewhere and felt it appropriate after my weekend at work.)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:How's it going with the bathroom there today Dotsie?

We have a flushing toilet, a bath, and hot water. Bliss! He's also finished building a cupboard, now he needs to do some plastering, get the electrician in, and fit the sink.

The leaky stopcock (does that translate? It's an "all off" water tap) is no longer leaking, but that seems to be mostly luck, so the bucket is staying in place until I get a new kitchen. Renovations, pfft! Over it!

That's awesome! :D Had to look up stopcock, hope that it's really fixed. I'm with you - totally over renovations. I want my kitchen DONE! :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 pm

my back was agony last night throbbing waves pain up and down my left side followed by electric shock style pain when I moved all I could do was down a couple of painkillers and if was still that bad in the morning call in sick and go to hospital for a through check-up and maybe a xray/scan to see if my vertebrae was pressing on my disc thankfully the painkillers and rest did the trick and I'm okay for now but it's got me worried and I'm thinking of going to the docs for a check up and see if my back has gotten worse
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum