Happy St Georges Day

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Happy St Georges Day

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Tonyblack wrote:*and all these others for whom St George is patron saint: agricultural workers; Amersfoort, Netherlands; Aragon; archers; armourers; Bavaria, Germany; Beirut, Lebanon; Bulgaria; butchers; Cappadocia; Catalonia; cavalry; chivalry; Constantinople; Corinthians (Brazilian football team); Crusaders; England; equestrians; Ethiopia; farmers; Ferrara; field workers; Freiburg, Germany; Genoa; Georgia; Gozo; Greece; Haldern, Germany; Heide; herpes; horsemen; horses; husbandmen; knights; lepers and leprosy; Lod; London; Malta; Modica, Sicily; Montenegro; Moscow; Order of the Garter; Palestine; Palestinian Christians; Piran; plague; Portugal; Portuguese Army; Portuguese Navy; Ptuj; Reggio Calabria; riders; Romani people; saddle makers; Serbia; Scouts; sheep; shepherds; skin diseases; Slovenia; soldiers; syphilis; and Teutonic Knights

:lol: So, basically, if you're a Corinthians supporting saddle-maker of mixed ethnicity who suffers from a variety of skin and sexually transmitted diseases, George is your guy.
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Pretty much so. :lol: When I look at that list, St David suddenly seems inadequate. ;)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby wicked woman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Is St David the patron saint of dragons? :?
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

:lol: No, just Wales.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 pm

wicked woman wrote:Is St David the patron saint of dragons? :?

Good point - if syphilis can have a patron saint, why can't monsters? I'll take on the job if no-one else is willing, although I do draw the line at Gnomes.

(This would entitle me to a percentage of any profits, hordes and plunder, right?)
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 pm

I can't fault your logic. Although I think being dead is one of the qualifications for being a patron saint . . . :think:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 pm

It's the smallprint that gets you every time. :cry:
Last edited by KnightOfFewWords on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:45 pm

You know what they say about sharp words, they can cut you to the bone. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum