Terrorist Attack on Canada Thwarted

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Terrorist Attack on Canada Thwarted

Postby Conforumist » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Hey, we're the "nice" people!!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/nation ... story.html

Canadian police and intelligence agencies have made arrests in connection with a planned major terrorist attack, says the RCMP.

TORONTO - Canadian police and intelligence agencies will announce multiple arrests on Monday after an operation to thwart a “major terrorist attack,” the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported, citing unidentified “highly placed” sources.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a statement that they would provide details about a “national security criminal investigation” at a news conference at 3:30 p.m. ET (1930 GMT)

The statement, which gave no details of arrests, said security forces had conducted joint operations in Toronto and in Montreal, Canada’s two biggest cities.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/22/fe ... ack-report

Sometimes, what goes on the world makes me sick.

:shock:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Re: Terrorist Attack on Canada Thwarted

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 pm

When you get little pieces of excrement who have no honour and even less intelligence, come into the country and they can't get what they want this is what the cowards resort to. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Terrorist Attack on Canada Thwarted

Postby Square12 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Notice the difference in reporting style though in Canada it's basically, yes we arrested two men, yes they were planning a terrorist attack on a train, yes they were connected to Iranian al Qaeda, no we're not going to sensationalise this, no we won't say which train yes we did get help from other nationalities, no we have nothing else to add. Now who would like to hear aboot what I'm going to ave for dinner tonight?
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Return to The Broken Drum