The Year In Pictures 2013

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Year In Pictures 2013

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Square12 wrote:Beaulieu brings back memories as a kid that used to be my brothers treat outing and mine was Marwell zoo, still remember the car that was shaped like an orange, is that still there penners?

Yep, it's still there - the Outspan Orange car. There is also a Creme Egg car in the foyer.
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Del » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Two weeks ago it was my friends birthday. We didn't get in her way on her birthday weekend thinking her husband and son would be treating her but when we rang her we found out the rotten sods HADN'T celebrated her birthday and in fact had never EVER celebrated her birthday. And this was the big one! :evil:

Eve is the kind of person who will drop everything to help out a friend and is very hard to accept any favours in return. She is one of the loveliest people I know. So the next morning we madly baked a cake and called her to say the car had broken down :twisted: and could she please please come around to drop me .... cant remember where ... just down the road. Well wouldnt you know it!!! I had a bloody visitor turn up and there's the cake sitting there waiting to be iced ! Had all of half an hour to ice it! So it wasn't that up to par as far as I was concerned. Have you EVER tried to put on a few hundred slippery little ball bearing things on by hand while your hand is shaking trying to hurry! I actually CAN ice really really well... if I have more than a half an hour.

Anyway... :D she LOVED it. It was the chocolatie-est cake EVER and we had a little tea party. :D

This is her being suprised. :D

And THIS is what she made for ME.... now I ask you.... is this not amazing? Its a sewing case for a little pair of scissors and some needles and thread. I love it. This was her first attempt at doing one and her first attempt at that type of embroidery..... she wants me to give it back to her because as she puts it.... she has "got alot better at it and would like me to have a proper one with good embroidery" :roll: :o :o :o I refuse to give it back. I love it.

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:56 pm

That's beautiful Del, your friend is very talented :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Tea and cakes and beautiful embroidery - you're all such lovely ladies! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 pm

That's wonderful Del, as Mad said your friend is very talented. Mind you, from looking at your icing and former lives, you're very talented as well! :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Very nice indeed! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Took these in Forbidden Planet today, Dr.Who lego sets.

3rd time lucky
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Beautiful cake Del! I cannot believe that was her first attempt at embroidery. :shock: I probably wouldn't be that good if it were my 100th attempt.

Dug, fun stuff! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Waiting to board.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

Where you going? Nice Dr Who stuff.

Lovely story Del. Great cake, beautiful embroidery, fantastic teacups. You're a good friend.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:25 am

Just London (that's where the shop is in Shaftsbury Ave. two floors ground floor is all figures, tshirts and games the basement books, comics,DVD's etc. biggest store in the UK) that was on the way down from Edinburgh back home now. :mrgreen:

http://forbiddenplanet.com/
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 am

ha I got a dvd last year that sort of came indirectly from them I brought from Aberystwyth and it had the receipt and stickers for Forbidden Planet Birmingham
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Some pictures from the zoo earlier this month.

The eagles had eggs!

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:36 pm

:D :D :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Ghost wrote:ha I got a dvd last year that sort of came indirectly from them I brought from Aberystwyth and it had the receipt and stickers for Forbidden Planet Birmingham

Ghost! Forbidden Planet Birmingham is part of FP Intenational, not the same company but an satellite one If you buy gift tokens from them they can't be used in FP shops, the ones in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dublin are the franchises one that I know of they stock very little in the way of books, mostly toys, comics,and tshirts and are usually small outlets.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum