What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 am

Put in The Man With the Iron Fists and didn't make it past the credits. :roll: I loved Pulp Fiction, but nothing since. Luckily, we had a backup, The Expendables 2. Also horrible, but in a fun way. :D Except I only got about 5 minutes of Jet Li and that was it. I felt cheated.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 am

I tried to have a movie night last last night just about every film I had my eye on was still unavailable
Gwishini Sanda (ghost house)
The movie follows a man who buys a (well, haunted) house and has to deal with the ghost living in it. Later on, through utterly cinematic contrivances, he sort of gets to turn the tables. In the last third of the movie, theres an evil company that wants to build a hotel that comes in and has really nothing to do with the rest of the movie, other than to finish the plot. That's probably the biggest problem with this horror/comedy.

the only link I found that was playable was non subbed
kuchisake-onna 2 (Slit mouthed woman 2) I could only find the trailer
but I found a good film and two shorts Little Witch Academia, how to train your dragon gift of the night fury and 200 pounds beauty
Ghost

Postby janet » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Well I ordered the DVD of The Hobbit and have now watched it. I loved it and look forward to the next episode. :D

Same here! Brilliant :D Can't get over a few of the dwarves being so sexy :lol:

On a different day I found the first TV season of M*A*S*H, 4 DVD collectors edition, 2nd hand, £5.99 and........yep........still funny :D :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Square12 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Watched predator today, forgot how much of a classic it is. Next gonna give elementary another go but the episode I saw last week left me thinking and how exactly is this anything to do with Holmes apart from the names obv!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Del » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Took the girls to see The Croods tonight... bit of a drive but worth it. Most theaters here can charge $15 a ticket and this one only charges $7.

I sooooo wanted to see Oblivion even though it does have idiot features Tom Cruise in it. ... but ...

Anyway.. it was a brilliant movie. I cried. And cried. I knew dad would HAVE to get back to his family. .. but I still cried.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 am

I found a pretty good documentary series whilst mooching about called Oddities I'm enjoying it a lot despite some of it's really obvious staging but what I'm really doing is window shopping I love the weird and unusual and a lot of the customers who come in are a damn site weirder than the object them selfs
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Careful Del, that's a spoiler!

Ghost, I've thought about watching that show. Good to hear you enjoy it! I'll have to give it a try.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Got my S1-S4 boxset of Castle last week, and watched S3 and S4 over the weekend.

Channel Five fupping about soooo much over S4 (making way after about 5 eppys for Big Ruddy Brother) that the rest of the season isn't due to air until 2014, that I forked out for the discs.

Now I'm climbing the walls for S5, and it hasn't even finished airing the States yet!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Ghost wrote:I found a pretty good documentary series whilst mooching about called Oddities I'm enjoying it a lot despite some of it's really obvious staging but what I'm really doing is window shopping I love the weird and unusual and a lot of the customers who come in are a damn site weirder than the object them selfs

OK, just watched series 1 episode 1, this could be addictive :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

:lol: :lol: series 3 episode 6 yes it is addictive
Ghost

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

watching a mini series (7 eps) called Viking, based on Ragnar Lothbrok. Very good.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby michelanCello » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I thought it was rather good, I'm glad he made it into three films. :D

Me too! :D I sooo want to buy the DVD but it's still new and awfully expensive, will have to wait a year or two :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

I discovered this YouTube video of a documentary about a group of salvage experts who try to repair and fly a B-29 bomber that crash landed in Greenland and has sat pretty much undisturbed for 50 years. It's a really fascinating show and well worth a look.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

michelanCello wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:I thought it was rather good, I'm glad he made it into three films. :D

Me too! :D I sooo want to buy the DVD but it's still new and awfully expensive, will have to wait a year or two :(

I'm waiting for the extended edition which is due out at the end of the year about a month or so before the second film hits the cinemas. The extended LOTR films made much more sense than the theatrical releases so I'm hoping for the same with the Hobbit
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre