Bomb in Boston

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Bomb in Boston

Postby raisindot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 pm

At the moment (9:05 a.m. EST), the entire city of Boston and surrounding suburbs are in "lock down" mode as hundreds of police scan the area in pursuit of the second suspect. The first was killed last night in a shootout with police in Watertown, MA (about 4 miles away from the bomb site). Apparently, the two suspects, whose images were caught on surveillance cameras, are two brothers from Russia or one of the former Soviet bloc countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... ?hpt=hp_t1
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:27 pm

It get's more bizarre by the moment. Do we know if these are the people responsible for the problems at MIT?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 pm

From BBC:

1445:

Police in the neighbouring state of Connecticut have put out a alert for a vehicle that could "possibly be occupied by a wanted suspect".
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Tonyblack wrote:It get's more bizarre by the moment. Do we know if these are the people responsible for the problems at MIT?

Yes. They shot and killed an MIT cop, then carjacked a car in Cambridge (where MIT is). As they were fleeing, two more cops were shot as well.
raisindot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 pm

This is not going to end well for him. I can't see him giving himself up.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm

I just got back but heard about this after it happened and immediately thought of you and your family, Jeff. I'm so glad that you and yours are ok but my heart goes out to those injured or killed.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 am

Two brothers from Russia? well, that was unexpected.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 am

Can't say I saw that coming either.

Glad they caught him alive. I hope they're able to find out if these two worked on their own or if it was something bigger.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Catch-up wrote:Can't say I saw that coming either.

Glad they caught him alive. I hope they're able to find out if these two worked on their own or if it was something bigger.

What she said.

They found him hiding in a boat. The owner of said boat noticed a loose tarp, I think. Then, he looked in and saw what looked like a bloody "body" and called police.

There is a movement to give him a boat that isn't full of holes now. Several companies have offered and there is a facebook page to donate to.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby raisindot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 pm

TinatheConfused wrote:
They found him hiding in a boat. The owner of said boat noticed a loose tarp, I think. Then, he looked in and saw what looked like a bloody "body" and called police.

There is a movement to give him a boat that isn't full of holes now. Several companies have offered and there is a facebook page to donate to.

You've got to be kidding me--this is going to become the most famous boat since Titanic. The owner's going to be offered millions for it. He could charge $10 a ticket for a look inside. He's going to make $$$ more for exclusive interviews. Believe me, this guy is in no need of charity.
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 pm

I seem to remember that someone made a lot of money showing people the bullet riddled car of Bonnie and Clyde as well. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm just glad they caught them pretty quickly, considering!

Well Done, to all the security services involved! :clap:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am

Tonyblack wrote:I seem to remember that someone made a lot of money showing people the bullet riddled car of Bonnie and Clyde as well. :D

I was thinking of that when he mentioned the boat. I think the car is in a museum somewhere now.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:08 pm

The guy shot himself, though the neck, and is now (apparently) unable to communicate verbally, although possibly can via a tablet computer.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Jack Remillard » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Can anybody explain to me why not reading him the Miranda warning is a good idea? That seems like it could be counterproductive.
Jack Remillard

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum