Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:37 am

Definitely not one of the brightest. :roll:

At least you are now getting somewhere but it sounds like you will have to stay on top of this for a while at least
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm

You know, I was able to really put my finger on it this morning. What she's trying to do is put me in my place and teach me "how things work" there at ***** Middle School. She has a way of doing things, probably the same way for years, and I think the bottom line is that she's pissed off that she has to do something differently on my say so. Forget that it's just about helping a student, she can't get over it. :roll: And she had this weird snotty fit right at the beginning of the meeting with the director! She's sitting there with her bosses and a parent, we're all calm and she has this episode. I had asked her to bring me a draft of some documents. The director, not knowing she was bringing them for me, brought copies himself. All he said was, "Oh, you brought copies too." and she started flapping them around saying, "Yep, right here! What? Are you surprised that I had them ready this early?!" She tried to make it sound a little jokey, but the rest of us just watched her, thinking "Oookaaay."
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm

1) She's clearly a bit bonkers
2) Children don't fit into neat little boxes? But then how do we pigeonhole them? :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Just got back from my hols and only having time for a quick look in before I have to leave again for a ten hour shift at work. It's going to be something near a twenty-four hour day for me, something I've not done since my teens. :roll:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Hope you can stay awake, Penners - and welcome back! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome back Penners :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Lots of coffee Penners or get some pro plus. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Welcome back Penners! Sorry about the work schedule, hope it wasn't too bad.

Dotsie wrote:1) She's clearly a bit bonkers
2) Children don't fit into neat little boxes? But then how do we pigeonhole them? :?

She's definitely got issues. :roll: I'm just so glad that she's demonstrating it in front of other people, not just me.

I'm feeling so guilty right now. A couple days ago I called to get some soil delivered for our veggie garden today. I thought I said all the things I needed to say to get the right kind of soil. But, when they delivered it hubby said it was not the right stuff (he usually handles this stuff). So, they didn't charge us for the first delivery, brought a new delivery of the right stuff and just charged us for that. I feel like it's my fault and I'm feeling guilty that we have a pile of dirt we didn't pay for. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Her having a hissy fit in front of other people works in your favour, Catch-up. Now you can refer to her attitude to other people!

As to having the wrong stuff delivered, don't worry about it. The store probably have people ordering the wrong soil all the time, and it'd take more effort to reload the soil onto their truck than to just leave it with you.
In fact, you NOT insisting that they take it away is probably a relief for them ... probably ... Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:07 pm

If you feel guilty about the free soil, you could always bury it. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:30 pm

I managed to just about get through the shift ok, despite almost dozing off while supervising the games until a drunk punter told me to F*** off when I arrived at the table and before I had a chance to speak (he's only just been allowed back in and it was his first visit). That did get my attention and the adrenaline from the resulting slanging match (although I remained calm and polite throughout) was enough to keep me awake. He won't be coming back for at least another year as a result of his behaviour either. :lol:

Catch-up wrote:I'm feeling so guilty right now. A couple days ago I called to get some soil delivered for our veggie garden today. I thought I said all the things I needed to say to get the right kind of soil. But, when they delivered it hubby said it was not the right stuff (he usually handles this stuff). So, they didn't charge us for the first delivery, brought a new delivery of the right stuff and just charged us for that. I feel like it's my fault and I'm feeling guilty that we have a pile of dirt we didn't pay for. :oops:

Are there any community or charity projects in your neighbourhood that could use the excess soil?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:05 pm

That is an awesome idea! Thanks Penners. :D There are two good possibilities. There's a gardening club, they take care of all the public planters around town and do a beautiful job. There's also a community co-op veggie garden.

I have a wrap meeting coming up this Thursday with the whole team at school. Not really looking forward to it in light of everything that's gone on. Plus, I'll be on my own again. Hubby's not quite at the stage in the new job where he can take time off for this. I'm sure it will go fine, but some anxiety beforehand seems to be unavoidable. :(
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Can you take a friend with you, would can sit quietly, and take notes of what is said, so that you have some a) moral support, and b) help with remembering what happened (no offence!) if needs be?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm

I could do that. I have a friend who's already offered and he works at a middle school (different district) so he would totally understand what was going on. However, he would have to take the day off work to do it, and I don't want to ask him to do that unless I really need him. I think bringing someone would also send the message that I don't trust them, and I actually do trust that the principal and director are handling things. So, I think I'll be ok, it's just not my first choice to be on my own.
Catch-up

Postby janet » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Just a bit bewildered about the soil debacle and wondering what is the wrong kind of soil? Is it the wrong colour, texture or what? It's not what the growing medium looks like but what it contains that matters Catch-up and any plant will grow in any kind of soil if it contains the correct nutrients. Could it not all be mixed together? Was it in bags or loose? There's always a way round any problem in horticulture :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum