What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby janet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Meeting a lovely little cat in the main trolley bay outside Sainsbury's. She's a stray and people have been feeding her so she's grown quite friendly. A local rescue centre was due to send someone to collect her and find her a home.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby jaeger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Mads "Fart inna Smart Car" (page 12 - half way down) , too funny :lol: :lol: :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby wicked woman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm

jaeger wrote:Mads "Fart inna Smart Car" (page 12 - half way down) , too funny :lol: :lol: :D

True.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:28 pm

By the way - if any of you want to post a link to a particular post you can do it by clicking on the little page icon in the post you want to link to. It looks like this: Image Once you have clicked this, then copy the address and post it. :)

Like this.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby jaeger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 pm

I bow to your cleverness . . . . Sah!

Image . . .

Well . . . . yuz lernz sommat new daylee ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby janet » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

At last....a bat doing the rounds NOW :D
And earlier a huge bumblebee :D
janet

Postby wicked woman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:30 pm

I have a bumble bee, and two robins. Parent and chick? No bats though.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 am

We have sun......and a blue, blue sky. :D :D :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Del » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 am

So.. I had a HUGE day at work on Thursday. .. so damned tired and when I finish work I get a message from the plumber saying he is coming in the morning... as it was the first week being home after the girls every evening I let them just BE.. and relax til we all got in the rhythm. ... so looking down the barrel at getting home late.. dashing into the market for dinner ingredients. .hime..cooking. . Washing.. AND all the housework for the plumber.

Walked in through the front door and the lounge room/dining room was tidy!!!! Walked intothe kitchen to drop groceries. ..clean!!!!! Walk up the hall to find the girls (to see if they are still alive.. obviously with intruders in the house with an OCD for cleaning).. hallway clean!!!!! Bathroom tidy!!!! OMG! !!!! MY BED IS MADE!!! And the girls are in the teens TIDY room listening to music.

When I was conscious again.... M explained she got bored...

She is always bored. This is the first time in 17 years she has done anything domestic without me begging.

Couldn't stop smiling and thanking her. Every one has said she is gaining browny points for something huge she wants... I dont care. She DID it. I am not going to knock it. Lets get this straight. .. regular housework is way more than tidying we all know that.. but she DID it. And maybe she might realize what I do on a regular basis.. not just her own little sanctuary (room) every now and again when mum harps on.

Mind you .... we DID have to jump to it all night as she scowled at us... "I worked hard at this! Dont mess it up!" .... really? !?!?!?!?!? Really? ???? Now cook dinner and do the washing and H's therqpy and homework. ..... but I didnt say that.

But she DID it.. unasked... and I didnt have an evening of cleaning after work.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 am

:D What a lovely surprise!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 am

A very pleasant shock there Del :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 am

Aaw, lovely! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 am

What they said. :D

And I'm on here when I should be doing my own housework. sigh I've also been asked to collect the granddaughters and have them the afternoon. Did I mention my plans for today? :roll:
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 am

What a great surprise Del. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby janet » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:45 pm

wicked woman wrote:I have a bumble bee, and two robins. Parent and chick? No bats though.

Such a relief the bat has survived this long. Sadly only one so far. Most summer nights I go out to watch them.
Did you have plans WW? I guess that's not really allowed when descendants are nearby. Mine is 300 miles away :D
Big smile from me after the post arrived. HUGE cheque in settlement of PPI claim and all mine :D Just in time to buy a new lawn mower :roll:
Aww Del. Just accept it, your daughters are wonderful, they love you and they're growing up :D :D

PS First swallows seen just now. Right on schedule and chattering to each other :D
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum