Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Del » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Dotsie wrote:If you got a good quality piece of chicken, it was still quite fresh, you stored it in the fridge, and didn't slow cook it, you should be OK. Not enough bacteria will have grown prior to cooking it for there to be the minimum infective dose (and of course the bacteria will have to be there in the first place, which they shouldn't be if it was bought from a reputable butcher). If it's improperly cooked though, the heat won't have been enough to kill all bacteria present. It's just not that likely that they're present.

Good luck! You should be fine :)

Why I dont eat chicken! BLAH! Germy stuff chicken. Did you know..... the temps they use to prepare your raw chickens in the chicken factory preparing places things... is exactly the correct temperature to breed bacteria IN chicken?!?!?! Helps when you have a friend who is studying microbiology at Uni and working part time in a chicken factory. Eeeeeew!

:lol: :lol: @ the child proofing the house joke... been using that line for years.

Many many years ago I was divorced with a small child and had been for some time. Small child was used to having the run of the house with Mum and knew it was perfectly okay to barge into my bedroom at any time of the day or night to crawl into bed with Mum. If and when I "dated" anyone it was only when small child was staying the weekend at her Dads house where she was also given free reign of his house to go anywhere she wanted.

Many moons later my boyfriend who lived in another state (remember... Australia... so a five hour flight) thought it was time that he could sleep over when he came to visit for a week or so....and I agreed. Small child knew him well as a "family friend" and was very comfortable around him but this sleeping over deal was a whole new ball game. In those days we had lots of visitors who slept over (my sisters, brothers, Gran and Poppy, friends, all from interstate, etc) and again she had the run of the house... being the adorable and treasured darling she was. I did present a problem of privacy for me and him though, and I had mentioned to a girlfriend of mine the issue and that he was flying in for the week of my birthday which was coming up.

The day of my birthday he flew in and we had a small birthday party at my house and I got presents ... as you do... When the small child was otherwise distracted in her room at some time, Sophie presented me with my present and glancing over her shoulder to make sure the small child was out of eyesight and earshot said, "Its ... well... its a sex aide. Now that J is staying over." :o Now I have a very broadminded group of friends but even they went a bit quiet... but were very attentive as I opened her present....

want to see what she gave me?

Spoiler: show
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Image priceless
Ghost

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 pm

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

ImageImage ;)
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:18 pm

No... it gets better....

The repairman was in months later fixing something or other in the house with the small child watching everything he did. After he had finished he said "Well thats done. Anything else you need before I head off?" to which she grabbed his hand and dragged him up the hall to my bedroom and said "You have to fix mummy's door! It keeps getting jammed ALL the time and we cant open it up for AGES! She gets STUCK in there!"

:laughing-rolling:

(She would rattle at the door trying to get in and I would yell "Oh no! Hang on! The doors jammed AGAIN!" :lol: Since the door was always open otherwise she never saw the bolt way up high on the back of it.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Ghost

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm

:lol: :lol: needs must. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Never been in Spain, so tis not Image Square :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Square12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Hmmm!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:31 am

Minor tip for anyone considering motion pictures: Don't use a green screen with someone with green eyes. :doh:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Square12 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Tip for anyone taking private lessons in anything don't text your teacher at 8:15, asking to move the class from 10:00- 12:00 to 12:00-14:00 grrrrrrrrr
Ah well needs must, ie I need money so I must agree!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Catch-up » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Not pleased that I have to work my morning around yet another meeting at the school. It's good that we're having it, just a follow up to make sure communication is continuing to run as it should. I appreciate the principal's and director's commitment to this and it should go smoothly because things have improved. I just have a thing about having to use my time to make sure other people are doing their jobs correctly. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:53 am

Above meeting went well, except, I'll be damned if that woman didn't still try to get a few shots in. Really? Has she absolutely no learning curve? It wasn't anything unexpected so I was prepared, just knocked the ball back into her court. Thankfully the principal and director were both great. I think I'm more ready for school to end than the girls are. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 am

She's not doing herself any favours, is she? :roll: Lucky there are people there to keep an eye on things (including you)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum