32%
The only rational form of healing
No votes
I don't really know enough about homoeopathy to give an informed opinion
8%

Total votes : 25

Re: Homoeopathy

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Came across this page today, which lists some 'victims' of Homeopathy. What makes it especially sad is that it includes some children or babies to young to have any say in their treatment.
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes indeed. It's like the children of people whose religion won't allow them to use modern medicine. That's fine for the parents, they can choose to do whatever they like with their own bodies, but the children don't have that freedom of choice.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Square12 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Personally, I know the placebo effect works, I have used it on several people, coming up with some bs story about how a certain combination of honey, ginger, citrus, whisky, tea or whatever else I think of at the time was what my gran always used to make for my mum and then my mum for me when I had a cold/sore throat/tiredness etc and it usually works.
Also for myself always a litre of fruit juice, a packet of lockets and a few lemsips guaranteed to kill a cold, especially if you throw in an extra hot chilli con carne to sweat the bugger out!

The strange thing is that it still works for me even though I know it's a placebo, and I can therefore at a pinch imagine myself taking it and still feel the effects at a reduced level!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum