What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby Catch-up » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I have a list. :D I had the posters that the library made of the girls' portraits framed, picked them up and they look fabulous! Plus I found a perfect necklace for my sister's birthday. Got my flight to Baltimore for NADWcon booked and it was almost $100 less than I was expecting to pay! Then got the newsletter announcing that they'd be doing a cocktail event for the fireworks on the 4th and booked that too. Exchanged emails with my friend Carol who I'm going to be rooming with and can't wait to see her. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

:D :D :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm

I know! One more thing and my face will freeze this way -> :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 am

Smiles are good for us. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:01 am

:D
spideyGirl

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 am

:D Good news is nice, lots of good news is brilliant!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 pm

:D It all help ease the pain of having to pay far more for a dress to wear to the gala dinner at the con than I wanted to. Here's hoping it fits!
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Catch-up wrote:I have a list. :D I had the posters that the library made of the girls' portraits framed, picked them up and they look fabulous! Plus I found a perfect necklace for my sister's birthday. Got my flight to Baltimore for NADWcon booked and it was almost $100 less than I was expecting to pay! Then got the newsletter announcing that they'd be doing a cocktail event for the fireworks on the 4th and booked that too. Exchanged emails with my friend Carol who I'm going to be rooming with and can't wait to see her. :D

Catch up say hello to Carol and Doug for me and have a good time. :mrgreen:

Plus I got my copy of The Science of Discworld IV TODAY. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I was working in Tesco, re-arranging boxes of soap powder in aisle 7, when in walks the girl I'd scored with last night.

She said "Oi! You told me you were a stunt pilot .... you lying beggar!"

I replied "No, I told you I was part of the Ariel display team ....!

TonyBlack wrote:I didn't know you worked in Tesco, Bouncy.

I didnt know you liked girls Bouncy!

Not that theres anything wrong with that.......... :gay-color:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:08 pm

This is the last week of the 2 week Easter school holidays for Haydee and I have her :D so I took her to her favourite place.... the library. Morgan the 17yr old tagged along.. the one who wont get a library card but when she is dragged along gets books out on MY card :roll: (oh yes and the Supre fashion factory outlet is the OTHER huge building connected to the library....)

First smile: Haydee bounces up to the counter and books a computer to use. I poke up behind her as she can have some unusual requests and tie them up for ages. Morgan is hanging behind trying to find out how LOOOOOONG we will be... and I say to the staff member whilst chatting "Hayden loves the library! She thinks its better than MovieWorld!" :lol: (A huge theme park just down the road here a bit like Universal Studios). Morgan groans and says, "Mum! Stop exaggerating! She DOESNT think the library is better than Movieworld!" to which Hayden pipes up.... "I DO Morgan! The library has got BOOKS!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second smile: Morgan decides that if she is trapped in the library then she might as well LOOK at books and gets out two Discworld books :D Witches Abroad and .... cant remember the other one. :D :D :D

Third smile: I am sitting on a sofa browsing through a few books while Hayden uses up her half hour time on the library computer. Our printer isnt working so she uses the computer at the library to print out One Direction pictures, etc. There are about 40 computers in this part of the library and all occupied and she is on one on the very far side. Its not a library where kids are expected to be silent but good behaviour is required and people chat, etc. I am in my own little world of bookdom when I hear a familiar voice cry out from way over the other side, "Mum?! Your Facebook account password is YXXYXX123 right?" :o :o :o It was! I never moved so damned fast to get to her computer to log on and change my password! Apparently she had seen a picture on my Facebook she wanted to print. Omg. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Jack Remillard » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Oops. :lol: :lol:
Jack Remillard

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Tonyblack wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and I add my own three lol faces
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby Batty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Del wrote:...
Third smile: I am sitting on a sofa browsing through a few books while Hayden uses up her half hour time on the library computer. Our printer isnt working so she uses the computer at the library to print out One Direction pictures, etc. There are about 40 computers in this part of the library and all occupied and she is on one on the very far side. Its not a library where kids are expected to be silent but good behaviour is required and people chat, etc. I am in my own little world of bookdom when I hear a familiar voice cry out from way over the other side, "Mum?! Your Facebook account password is YXXYXX123 right?" :o :o :o It was! I never moved so damned fast to get to her computer to log on and change my password! Apparently she had seen a picture on my Facebook she wanted to print. Omg. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be thankful she she doesn't know your credit card details. Who knows what charges she could apply to your account!! ... She could even befriend Harry - for a fb fee!!!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm

watched the latest episode of big bang and paused just in time to read Chuck Lorres blog at the end of the credits
and I thought I might share
click
sorry I mistimed the screen shot a little
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum