Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I feel your pain, Dug.

I got a new computer here at work a couple of months ago, but the fax/printer/scanner attached to it (though not used very often) is not compatible with Windows7, and my tightwad boss won't but a new one.

Just wait until he wants summat scanned! :twisted:

Bouncy,If you go on the their site you should be able to download updated drivers that are compatible with W7 or use generic ones.

I've downloaded the latest software even bought a new usb cable today I have not used it in a couple of years but it was working OK. :roll:

I was given an old photo to scan when I was a lot younger with a few old mates in the bike cafe we used to frequent. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Cheery » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Catch-up wrote:Hugs from me too Cheery! :( Hope the pain goes away soon. Is this from turning the extender?

Yup, all the way. :( It'll just stay that way till I can stop turning it.

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Have one from me Cheery Imagemy Mum had chronic nurological pain for years it's terrible to see and not be able to help, I hope your pain goes soon as posible.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum, Dug :( Wouldn't wish that kind of torment on anyone. It's a terrible thing.

Conforumist wrote:Cheery,
I'm the very last person to abdicate drinking, but in your case, I suggest getting sh!t faced! :text-givemebeer:

You know, that sounds like a bloody good idea :P Who's with me?

Thanks for all your kind words and hugs guys! Like before, thanks for reading my moaning. Pain's still the same, but I feel a lot better now, :hugs: back to you all. It'll go away eventually, but it's just a bit difficult at the moment...

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I can't get my bloody scanner to work Device manager says it working correctly, scanner says unable to select TWAIN source. :x :evil:

I could sing you a song about scanners and printers that don't work. (It happens surprisingly often at a printing company)
Feel your pain. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it soon. There is nothing more frustrating than broken devices. :?
Cheery

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Bigs hugs Cheery

I know you still have a long way to go with this treatment but we're all thinking of you.

I'll join you in a little something

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Managed to get it working after a fashion, just not as it should with one button. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby wicked woman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Con did you mean abdicate or advocate drinking? ;)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 am

wicked woman wrote:Con did you mean abdicate or advocate drinking? ;)

:shock:
I don't know how I mixed that up.

Why is the name "wicked woman" just sexy for some reason?

Oh boy, one glass of wine, or far less than that, and I fall asleep; ok I'll have some wine with you; but you have to look out for me, when I'm passed out. :oops:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:56 am

Con, as a woman of almost 60, and a fairly large number of inches in the hips that is the best complement I've had for a while. Thank you, you made me start my day with a laugh. :D

Afraid i'm no better than you with the wine though, we will need to find someone to look after both of us.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

More hugs Cheery! :( How much longer do you have to turn it?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh Cheery. I popped in the other day and didnt even look at this thread. You poor darling.

You must be in so much pain. I have know teens who have had their braces removed because of the pain so this must be huge.

but........ I must say........ there is a little part of me way deep down inside going THATS SO GOD DAMNED FREAKING COOL!!!!

Do you have xray images or pics of the wheels? Huh? huh? :D

I do mean ITS SO COOL! but hugs ... you must be in pain.

Just so you know... you are not alone. My oldest has (as SHE puts it) mutant teeth. Teeth in her head that shouldnt be there. They arent baby teeth. They arent adult teeth... they are extra. She had four out when she was about ten or so that they cut out of her upper gums above her other adult teeth. She was so ill poor thing... she has waited FIVE ... FIVE!!!! years to get an appointment to have her wisdom teeth examined and looked at (AND the OTHER EXTRA wisdom teeth under them). She got her appointment only last week. She is beside herself with excitement that they have recommended her to an experimental program at the University hospital where a dental surgeon who needs practise in complicated dental operations has volunteered her to be used as fodder. It means the world to her. The only options was to leave her in pain as all these teeth push on her jaw, OR come up with the tens of thousands it would cost to do the op. :evil: Dont get me started on our health system here. It still wont fix the rest of her mouth poor love. :evil: but she always talks about WHEN she will be rich enough to have it done not if; so she has a positive attitude. :roll:

Mind you it isnt as bad as your op. But she has decided to take a positive attitude and now that she knows it MUTANT teeth she is singing it proudly to the world ..... I am not so keen on her idea of having her extracted ones plated and made into a necklace. :roll: She says she will wear them proudly and use it as a conversation starter about the abhorrent state of government funded dental care, and the overpriced private health insurance that should she get it will still NOT cover any remedial dental work of this nature. Ever the activist.

I do have one more thing to say and I want you to listen carefully.

I watched your video. I know that you have most probably been living with your non-growing jaw for many years and when you are forever attending doctors and being measured and poked at and discussed endlessly, I can imagine that it becomes a focus of your attention and other peoples attention. Especially when its all happening at a time when we THINK we are making up our minds about who we are and how we are perceived by ourselves and others.

BUT........

On what level do you think you are not a gorgeous young woman?

If I hadnt seen your posts discussing your jaw or read your posts I would have had NO IDEA that there was any sort of major problem Cheery.

I know the people on this forum are VERY supportive and I truly hope that our posts and love we send to you help you through this terrible time, even if its only by a little bit... because when you are in terrible pain, feeling even a little bit better can feel like a mountain of better.

But dont for a minute think that as supportive as we are, we are just saying the words..... take this INTO your head.... you are very very pretty. And from my own point of view; you have something that makes you even more gorgeous... you have a big personality.

Heaven help the boys when all this is over and YOU come out the other side feeling REALLY good about yourself! ;) :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Del wrote:On what level do you think you are not a gorgeous young woman?

If I hadnt seen your posts discussing your jaw or read your posts I would have had NO IDEA that there was any sort of major problem Cheery.

But dont for a minute think that as supportive as we are, we are just saying the words..... take this INTO your head.... you are very very pretty. And from my own point of view; you have something that makes you even more gorgeous... you have a big personality.

Heaven help the boys when all this is over and YOU come out the other side feeling REALLY good about yourself! ;) :D

I'll second every word of that Del :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Del wrote:On what level do you think you are not a gorgeous young woman?

I'll second every word of that Del :D

and I'll third them :clap:
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:12 pm

sending virtual hugs Cheery
spideyGirl

Postby Square12 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Graaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! I went to take some photos today and realised that all my sd cards are in the uk and as I'm skint I can't buy another! Ah well no photography till july :x
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby wicked woman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Cheery, I'll fourth what del said. Especially the bit about god help the boys. ;) They are not going to know what's hit 'em.
wicked woman

Postby majomull » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

I spent the last couiple of days putting down grass seed and planting flower seeds in my planters and window boxes. Today it is alternating between sleet, freezing rain and poring buckets. Bollocks.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum