Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby raisindot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Dotsie wrote:What is the age of consent in the US? It doesn't seem to be implying that he's done anything illegal. If he wants to have sex with men, and they want to have sex with him, what's the problem? Why should his career need to be in jeopardy? As for acting like a father to this young man, he sent a car to pick him up and take him to a hotel for sex. Sounds pretty straight forward to me, and not very father-like at all.

That depends on the state. In NY, it's 17, so if this story is true Clash committed statutory rape whether it was consensual or not. It's probably a civil, rather than criminal, case because the statute of limitations may have run out.
raisindot

Postby high eight » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm

=Tamar wrote:
Alanz wrote:Wow two Geese just flew past my window at work, I'm on the Ground Floor and they were really flying low for Geese :o :D
Watch your step when you leave, you know what geese are famous for doing...

The goose step? :roll:
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 am

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Unbelievable :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby raisindot » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Dammit, Bouncy, I was going to post this myself.

All I can do is rationalize it by saying it happened in one of the most redneck cracker areas of the country and that most Americans would be embarrassed to see this sh*te happening today.
raisindot

Postby jaznbonnie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:33 pm

raisindot wrote:

Dammit, Bouncy, I was going to post this myself.

All I can do is rationalize it by saying it happened in one of the most redneck cracker areas of the country and that most Americans would be embarrassed to see this sh*te happening today.

Many people say California is "The Land of Fruits and Nuts" but I am so glad to live here versus the deep south. Yes, we have some who are prejudiced but because we are so racially diverse, something like this happening in the 21st Century is embarrassing and shocking! :x
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:20 pm

A simple solution occurs - if none of the segrated proms are held on school premises anyway why don't the students boycott those two proms and just go to the integrated one they're setting up? :roll: Word of mouth and where the 'cool' kids are going (presumably Quanesha as the Queen is a cool kid surely?) will guarantee the integrated ball is more popular :lol: Let the school carry on advertising the ones they approve and then ticket sales can press the point home to the silly b*ggers and/or parents.

Alternatively if they put the integrated one on another day they could all attend 2 balls and have 2 nights out with 2 different dates and milk it that way :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby janet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Teenagers still having to carry the weight of all that bad history. How can people live with so much hate in them?
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Quatermass » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

janet wrote:Teenagers still having to carry the weight of all that bad history. How can people live with so much hate in them?

Quite easily. Have you ever read about Fred Phelps, Janet?
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Alanz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:47 am

:o i think it's disgusting that something like this has happened, Are they still living in the Dark ages( No pun intended) :?:
Alanz

Postby janet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Quatermass wrote:
janet wrote:Teenagers still having to carry the weight of all that bad history. How can people live with so much hate in them?

Quite easily. Have you ever read about Fred Phelps, Janet?

It was a rhetorical question Q.
He's a lucky guy to have been born when he was. Too young to be drafted into WW2 and must have made sure he was exempt from any positive conflict from then on.
His kind of hate is what gets others killed and not himself.......
kismet........
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 am

What are you thoughts on North Korea deadline being the 10th of April when they intend to strike at South Korea and American Targets, Do you think it will happen or not :?:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Alanz wrote:What are you thoughts on North Korea deadline being the 10th of April when they intend to strike at South Korea and American Targets, Do you think it will happen or not :?:

No I don't think anything will happen. North Korea is always doing stuff like this. What I will be interested to see is how China reacts to all this. In the past Korean War (although technically it never ended), the North had China backed by the USSR on its side. Things have changed considerably since then. The USSR doesn't exist and China is making a fortune out of the West. They have no real reason to support Korea now and could very quickly put a stop to NK's posturing if they so desired.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Alanz wrote:What are you thoughts on North Korea deadline being the 10th of April when they intend to strike at South Korea and American Targets, Do you think it will happen or not :?:

No I don't think anything will happen. North Korea is always doing stuff like this. What I will be interested to see is how China reacts to all this. In the past Korean War (although technically it never ended), the North had China backed by the USSR on its side. Things have changed considerably since then. The USSR doesn't exist and China is making a fortune out of the West. They have no real reason to support Korea now and could very quickly put a stop to NK's posturing if they so desired.

The question is, why don't they? NK doesn't want diplomacy. It's throwing its weight around with all the subtlety of a spoilt brat.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

According to the to what i've been hearing, this new guy in charge is mad enough to do it :D
Alanz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum