What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby Dotsie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 am

Happy birthday Chilli, enjoy the pub :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am

Alanz wrote:Bit naughty this, but was sat with my Granddaughter on the Settee this morning( luckily Grandma was out) playing on my Kindle when i hit a wrong button and it just came out Oh B----cks i says, What's B----cks mean Grandad? oh no...Quick thinking.... Baby Cows says i ...Phew!, well i was nearly right..had to titter about it. will have to watch what i say, she is six and sharp as a button... :D

She'll repeat it! And dobb you in. "Grandad said it!" :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Leaving March behind and turning over a new page on my DW calendar made me smile.
However...
Can't remember having the same snowdrops in the garden from January to April before but it's been too cold to allow them to set seed. Also very worried about the bees and other pollinators. Supposing they do wake up, there's precious little for them to go at for survival.
Can only hope that something will grow soon so that I can either mow it, prune it or dig it up whichever is appropriate and start to put some money in the bank before the day comes (very soon) when I can't pay the bills :cry:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby wicked woman » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Cross our fingers it changes, and soon.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby majomull » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 pm

There are only 50 minutes until Opening Day for baseball season. For those of you who do not find this as exiciting as I do, I understand and assure you that cheering for the Boston Red Sox will make you more attractive, more interesting, and make you smell better as well.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby raisindot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 pm

majomull wrote:There are only 50 minutes until Opening Day for baseball season. For those of you who do not find this as exiciting as I do, I understand and assure you that cheering for the Boston Red Sox will make you more attractive, more interesting, and make you smell better as well.

As a fellow Bay-Stater, I was going to say something about how much the Red Sox are going to stink this year, but maybe I'll hold off...although our fellow New Englander, Tamar (she seems to be from NH; whether she still lives there I don't know) may wish to weigh in.... :D
raisindot

Postby majomull » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm

They may be horrible, but it will be a better season than last year and there is always Sam Adams.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Come on The Brewers :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby raisindot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:42 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Come on The Brewers :D

Since I'm originally from Milwaukee, I'll let that one pass uncommented on. :D
raisindot

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm

wicked woman wrote:
Alanz wrote:Bit naughty this, but was sat with my Granddaughter on the Settee this morning( luckily Grandma was out) playing on my Kindle when i hit a wrong button and it just came out Oh B----cks i says, What's B----cks mean Grandad? oh no...Quick thinking.... Baby Cows says i ...Phew!, well i was nearly right..had to titter about it. will have to watch what i say, she is six and sharp as a button... :D

Yea that's me in the Dog House...again :oops:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Even Chief O'Brien of Deep Space Nine (and formerly USS Enterprise) has been know to let the odd word slip out.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 pm

That's just like mine came out, We both laughed, then she asked me what B----cks meant...oops :lol:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Alanz wrote:
wicked woman wrote:

Yea that's me in the Dog House...again :oops:

:lol: Yes. I'm afraid you only bought yourself a little time.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Mycroft Vimes wrote:Love the Landover Baptist Church,i am a (non -participating member) even. :pray: :teasing-whipyellow:
Mmm which one to get this month...?
:lol:

"Labeled by the Lord" :lol: Hilarious!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 pm

majomull wrote:There are only 50 minutes until Opening Day for baseball season. For those of you who do not find this as exiciting as I do, I understand and assure you that cheering for the Boston Red Sox will make you more attractive, more interesting, and make you smell better as well.

Last year I went to my one and only baseball game with a couple of American friends who support different teams, but both were there in mutual support against the team the Chicago Cubs were playing who were top of the league and the Cubs won which I believe is a rare occurrence, I told them is only because we were there :mrgreen: that game is too long for me,but Wriggley Field was an experience, when they both come over to the UK next year for the Worldcon we are going to take them to a Rugby game. :mrgreen: to let them experience what we enjoy. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum