Who's your favourite Doctor Who from the series?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Who is your favourite Doctor Who?

William Hartnell (1963–66)
2%
Patrick Troughton (1966–69)
8%
Jon Pertwee (1970–74)
13%
Tom Baker (1974–81)
21%
Peter Davison (1981–84)
2%
Colin Baker (1984–86)
2%
Sylvester McCoy (1987–89), (1996)
9%
Christopher Eccleston (2005)
13%
David Tennant (2005-10)
17%
Matt Smith (2010–present)
13%

Total votes : 53

Re: Who's your favourite Doctor Who from the series?

Postby Jack Remillard » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes, I think Sylvester McCoy's final two seasons were very good. :)

I tried to upload one of my favourite scenes with the 7th Doctor to YouTube, but it got blocked. It's the scene in Remembrance Of The Daleks when he's discussing cause and effect with the guy in the cafe on the eve of the final stages of his Cunning Plan. It's nice to see him really thinking about what he's doing... :)
Jack Remillard

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:22 pm

you forgot Paul Mcgann 1996
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Ghost wrote:you forgot Paul Mcgann 1996

No he didn't - read the first post. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 pm

sorry the page size is a little too big for my screen and the page number gets sliced off the edge
and I thought I was looking at the first page
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Selkie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 am

I went for Jon Pertwee - cos he was my 1st Doctor, Tom Baker cos he's the one I remember most and, finally, Matt Smith.
Selkie

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Cant beat David Tennant I say, then again I've only watched Dr Who from Christopher Ecclestons Dr.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

I am a David Tennent-ophile through and through....

but I have to admit... Matt Smith somehow manages to be OLD and YOUNG at the same time. Which the Doctor is.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Jack Remillard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

I think David Tennant had some great moments, but I much prefer Matt Smith as the Doctor.

I like the fact that the 11th Doctor has been allowed to age hundreds of years off-screen. Poor old 10 only lived for 5 or so years. :D And the 9th Doctor seemed to have lost a fair number of years of age in the Time War (the 7th Doctor having given his age as 953 if I remember correctly). :lol:
Jack Remillard

Postby octarinefire » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Poor old Peter Davison is like Norway in Eurovision - nil points.

I'm a New Who fan as they cancelled Old Who when I was still quite young. I've only ever seen snippets of Old Who that I was made to watch by my Dad and it never appealed to me when I was little.

I didn't take to Chris Eccelstone though I loved David Tennant and thought nobody could possibly compete with him. Matt Smith has, therefore, been a surprising revelation. I love what he has brought to the Doctor - the sense of age despite his youthful exterior, his range of emotions and his dotty professor personality. My choice of fav has to be Matt, followed by Tennant.

Somewhat controversially I feel that the best companion of New Who so far has been Donna. I know Donna is the marmite of companions but I loved Catherine Tate's performance and I felt that she provided us with a great, strong companion who could hold her own. Rose and Martha were a little too needy emotion wise as they were in love with the Doctor. Amy and Rory were OK but not necessarily best served by some of the stories and there was a slight lack of character development. River is a great character but not really a companion ... I can't wait to see what's going to happen with this new companion Clara - so far the performance has been promising. Not long to wait now!

I would love them to do something more with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax - there seems to be great potential there. I know that, like Melody Pond/Melody Malone/River, they have been afforded the honour of a quick read story. More screen time would be wonderful too!
octarinefire

Postby high eight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Patrick Troughton.

Of the NuWho actors:

Eccleston - too hammy
Tennant - too angsty. I got fed up with him apologising to everybody at least three times every episode (Though I guess that was mainly the fault of the script team. Russell T Davies may have saved the franchise, but he is just a fan fiction writer at heart).
Smith - getting there but I hear he is leaving soon, Pity.
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby Tiffany » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

I would have liked three votes for David, to make him higher. :D I did vote for two others, one is now well in the lead. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Cheery » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm

I've gone for Peter Davison. The stories in his run are really not the best, but I just like him.
Cheery

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm

I've only watched the most recent ones, so had to vote for the last three. I really liked them each for different reasons, and each time they changed the casting, I thought I wouldn't like the new one, but was proven wrong every time.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Cheery wrote:I've gone for Peter Davison. The stories in his run are really not the best, but I just like him.

Like Sylvester McCoy he was just getting into his character when all of a sudden he didn't have the role anymore :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Cheery » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
Cheery wrote:I've gone for Peter Davison. The stories in his run are really not the best, but I just like him.

Like Sylvester McCoy he was just getting into his character when all of a sudden he didn't have the role anymore :roll:

I agree. Also, I think they both weren't really allowed or didn't have the time to play around with their character. The times where they did get the opportunity, those became the really good episodes. I can't really talk for Sylvester McCoy because I've hardly seen any of his episodes... But big problem with the fifth Doctor era was that, Especially with all the companions Davison's Doctor had around him, none of the characters had enough space to evolve. It's a real shame.
Cheery

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre