Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

Poor sod.

Now The Sun (so it must be true) says Matt's leaving after Christmas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... stmas.html

:roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:18 am

I saw that cover and my first thought was that Colin Baker was somehow involved. The fact that he's wearing such a brightly coloured costume tends to make him stand out in the photo. I suspect it was deliberate. Had they just shown a picture of Turner, most people wouldn't have know who he was and probably the story wouldn't have taken off like this. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:28 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Poor sod.

Yeah. Most hated Doctor of the TV series, lost his son to SIDS, got fired from the role, and supposedly, according to Gary Downie (one of the men named and shamed by Richard Marson, incidentally), Colin Baker's then wife Liza Goddard was involved with Michael Grade at the time when Baker got fired. Whether the latter is true or not, I dunno. But Baker didn't deserve that sh**. And he doesn't deserve this sh**, either. Hell, he even got idiots asking about Jimmy Savile, simply because he appeared on an episode of Jim'll Fix It. He's the only Doctor actor I have met (to date, though that will change in a few weeks), and he's a great guy and a nice guy. :|

Tonyblack wrote:I saw that cover and my first thought was that Colin Baker was somehow involved. The fact that he's wearing such a brightly coloured costume tends to make him stand out in the photo. I suspect it was deliberate. Had they just shown a picture of Turner, most people wouldn't have know who he was and probably the story wouldn't have taken off like this. :roll:

Funny, considering that JNT was in the habit of wearing Hawaiian shirts all the bloody time. :roll:

It could well have been deliberate. Who knows how the minds of the gutter press run? Well, stupid question, really. What's the saying? "If it bleeds, it leads", and no Doctor has bled under the media spotlight more than Colin Baker. They probably chose him because his Doctor was the least liked on TV.

It's depressing. :(
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Colin Baker was my doctor growing up, so I like him. This is just harrassing an elderly man :evil:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Dotsie wrote:Colin Baker was my doctor growing up, so I like him. This is just harrassing an elderly man :evil:

A blameless elderly man. This is almost like Andrew Sachs all over again.

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 pm

When Constable Sgt. Daniel Scott McWilliams turned up at a Las Vegas apartment to serve an eviction notice, the tenant seemed nervous.

According to a police report, Alexander Allen, 36, refused to open a locked room, and then fled when the sergeant asked a maintenance employee to help him enter it.

Still, "McWilliams didn't notice anything unusual," a police report says, other than a dog.

Animal control officers who came for the dog did notice something unusual. And when the police came, their report said, they observed a hammer on the vanity, a ripped-down shower curtain, blood all over the bathroom, a bloody candle holder, and perhaps the most unusual thing animal control had noticed: a bloody bag containing the corpse of Allen's boyfriend.

Allen was apprehended and charged with murder, and held without bail. The constable's office is investigating McWilliams's performance.

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 am

Dotsie wrote:Colin Baker was my doctor growing up, so I like him. This is just harrassing an elderly man :evil:

I really liked Colin Baker as the Doctor, and have always thought he was treated badly by the BBC.
The only Doctor I could not watch is Sylvester McCoy, and that is because for the first two episodes that I watched, with him as the Doctor, he was treating Doctor Who has a huge joke.
I therefore refused to watch him 'grow' into the part, and the subsequent stories he was in. Even though I was told that he was actually very good and the stories improved, I still cannot forgive him for his initial approach to the role.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 am

Batty wrote:

I really liked Colin Baker as the Doctor, and have always thought he was treated badly by the BBC.
The only Doctor I could not watch is Sylvester McCoy, and that is because for the first two episodes that I watched, with him as the Doctor, he was treating Doctor Who has a huge joke.
I therefore refused to watch him 'grow' into the part, and the subsequent stories he was in. Even though I was told that he was actually very good and the stories improved, I still cannot forgive him for his initial approach to the role.

Which was a real pity. Time and the Rani, his first story, was a crap one. He's actually my favourite. If you need any proof why...

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:20 am

" Convicted Terrorist Abu Qatada was left laughing at British Justice yesterday when top judges blocked his deportation"

It doesn't give you much faith in the British Justice system does it, if a Convicted Terrorist can get away with being deported. :o
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 am

Just get the SAS to pop round in the early hours, pop him on a transporter plane, and take him to Jordan.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 am

I don't know why they don't do that to all illegal immigrants :?:
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am

Bekoz its dair yooman rites innnit.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 am

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:32 am

I think she might be shooting herself in the foot, but I can also imagine the frustration at people picking her brains then buying elsewhere.

Of course, she could always lower her prices to be competitive with those products online!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 am

I think they're taking this Human Rights mullarky a bit to far :D
Alanz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum