How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Quatermass wrote:Plenty of reasons, Bickaxe, some trivial, some not, all contributing the whole state of ennui that I feel. However, two current reasons come to mind: I have writer's block, and the announcement of the TP Prize shortlisting is soon, and I don't think I'm going to be on it.

Things tend to add up, and it's hard not to put them all in the same 'box' in your mind. Hope you feel better soon Q.

What Dotsie said Q.

What Tony said Dotsie. Hope your workmates react better when they've had time to absorb the news though.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Batty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm

wicked woman wrote:
Dotsie wrote:
Quatermass wrote:Plenty of reasons, Bickaxe, some trivial, some not, all contributing the whole state of ennui that I feel. However, two current reasons come to mind: I have writer's block, and the announcement of the TP Prize shortlisting is soon, and I don't think I'm going to be on it.

Things tend to add up, and it's hard not to put them all in the same 'box' in your mind. Hope you feel better soon Q.

What Dotsie said Q..

What Dorsie and WW said, Q.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Quatermass » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks, everyone, for trying to help. And Bickaxe, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. I am, as literally as it can be with an abstract activity, addicted to writing.

And Tony? I'm depressed most of the time. It's just that some days, I'm better able to stamp it down than others.

However, today, I discovered something even more depressing, which I will detail on the Headlines that left you speechless thread... :|

Dotsie, hope things go well with the adoption agency.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Batty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Sorry Dotsie. :( Hugs! Some people are just awkward. Try not to think about it.

Thank you! I just wanted some sympathy :oops: There's a woman here who's pregnant, and it's all wonderful! Which of course it is, but, you know.

Maybe he was just stumped at something to say - the way that some men are, when confronted with personal stuff?!
:romance-grouphug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Quatermass wrote:Image

I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very depressed.

Well, that made me laugh, then I read on & I feel very bad for laughing. :(

I hope you get it together Q. Blockages unblocked and all that. I miss reading your posts.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm

:romance-kisscheek: Dotsie.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:

I hope you get it together Q. Blockages unblocked and all that. I miss reading your posts.

Eh, don't worry. The point of the post was to make people laugh anyway. Knowing that I did helped a little.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby chillicamper » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 am

Quatermass wrote:
Sister Jennifer wrote:

Eh, don't worry. The point of the post was to make people laugh anyway. Knowing that I did helped a little.

Hope you can see some light soon Q. I hug trees when I'm depressed - seems to help......don't know if the trees feel any different afterwards though ;)
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:59 am

Quatermass wrote:However, today, I discovered something even more depressing, which I will detail on the Headlines that left you speechless thread... :|

I rarely look in that thread because it's mostly really horrible, depressing stuff. I avoid most news in general for the same reason. If you're depressed, try to avoid upsetting articles, or give the news a pass altogether for awhile. Reading something depressing won't make things better. Passing on the depressing news won't help either. Hope things will get better soon!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:30 pm

I never read the news or even listen to it on the radio if I can help. They dump a whole load of problems on viewers, readers and listeners that make you feel powerless to do anything and that the world is a more dangerous place than it really is. Thank you, I can do without that. :snooty:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I agree! News has mostly become about scare mongering.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Quatermass » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm

I agree. Sometimes, I avoid watching the news. But my homepage is on a newspage for my ISP, and I can't avoid it. No, I can't be arsed changing it.

Anyway, if I posted here every time I was depressed, you'd get sick of my bitching after a while. I only posted partly because of the anxiety over the TP Prize shortlist announcement, and partly because I thought of the Marvin joke.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I know what you mean Q. My homepage is a news site as well. Even if I quickly pop over to something else, I sometimes can't avoid noticing a story. And I can't be bothered to change mine either. :oops:

Daniel, welcome to the site and get well soon!
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 pm

bone tired finished my first day at work after a 1 and a half week break
and thanks to last minute shift changes I've got the same again tomorrow
I am thinking a early night might be in order
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Good night, Ghost. Sleep well!

My throat has been a bit scratchy again today, so I invite everyone who feels they need it to a nice cup of sage and ginger tea.
cheery_j.

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum