Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby TinatheConfused » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Heh, so by August or so, we shall have a raving beauty amongst us. I have heard of the procedure used to help people stretch their leg bones longer due to dwarf-ism. I have seen several TLC shows about it. I have complete and utter faith in you to be able to deal with the stress and become a strong young woman. You are already beautiful, outer looks are secondary to your inner strength and inner light. And since it makes your bone much stronger in the long run... :character-jaws: you will be able to "Make it Snappy" as Granny W. never quite got right in Witches Abroad. :D
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Just watched your youtube vid, and it honestly isn't noticeable about your jaw - did friends laugh because they couldn't tell what you meant? Like when skinny girls moan that they're fat, and I laugh at them? (in a totally supportive way of course... :shifty: )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

No, no, the whole bullying thing was before the first operation I had in 2009. They added quite a chunk of bone to my jaw so what you see is the result of that. People left me alone after. It used to be really bad, it looked like I didn't have a jaw at all. It was a long time ago, but still kind of sticks in the back of my mind, I've never really gotten over it even though the physical problem is gone. It's kind of daft to still be lamenting on that, but somehow it goes really deep.

maybe I can find a photo of before 2009...
Cheery

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Only if you want to honey ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm

One of the girls in the office had that done, she was off for a few months but was really happy with the result when it was all finished with. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Oh my gods you talk a lot! Can they wire your jaw shut instead? ;)

But seriously, good luck and having a mechanical device in your mouth makes you part robot which is a little bit awesome :D
And as has been said by others, its hard to tell there is anything 'wrong' .
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm

[quote="Bickaxe"]Oh my gods you talk a lot! Can they wire your jaw shut instead? ;)

No can do :P bone distraction does not require wiring. I shall talk you all to death. :twisted:
Cheery

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Cheery wrote:
Bickaxe wrote:Oh my gods you talk a lot! Can they wire your jaw shut instead? ;)

No can do :P bone distraction does not require wiring. I shall talk you all to death. :twisted:

:lol: Go for it. Nothing wrong with being chatty.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 am

Pretty cool Cheery!
Are you taking a photo of yourself everyday? It would be very interesting to watch the progression.

I love your character btw! :)

Q,
Watch her vid if you have not. It will cheer you up!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Cheery » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

Conforumist wrote:Pretty cool Cheery!
Are you taking a photo of yourself everyday? It would be very interesting to watch the progression.

Yeah, I am. With a crappy camera, but it does the trick. Unfortunately don't have a "before" photo. Forgot about that. But I'm sure there's something somewhere.
Cheery

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:54 am

Cheery, your video is great and you're beautiful! I think it's really wonderful that you're trying to reach out to others who might have to go through the same thing. And, it's not daft at all to still be bothered by how others treated you. Like you said, it goes really deep and it's not something you can just get over, even though things have changed. I think documenting what you're going through is a great way to move forward though!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Alanz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 am

The Mad Collector wrote:Good video Cheery, I look forward to the updates and I agree with Tony, if you hadn't said I would never have noticed there was a problem. Hope all goes well

Same here cheery good luck with the Surgery and that it goes well for you, But like Mad i really cuoldn't see a problem :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 pm

narg there’s something wrong with my computer and I can't fix it
for the last week a system error has been flashing up and no matter how many diagnostic runs I do I can't seem to pinpoint the issue so I left it hoping that it would get sorted in the next update but it all has gone tit's up and on easter weekend of all times
so I can't do anything till Tuesday and no doubt the damn thing by the time a techy arrives it will be working just fine leaving me looking like a computer hypochondriac
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Can you do a system restore to a date when you weren't having the problem? :think:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 pm

don't know how to do that on linix
also it's been less than a month since I had it switched it's still under warranty
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum