Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 am

Awww guys this is overwhelming! Seriously, I'm crying right now you are wonderful, thank you so much for all your support. So much love from all sides :lol: :hugs: you all. Seriously, you made my day.
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:38 am

Having a few ups and downs today: finally got some visitors which made me a lot more positive, but also went to the clinic for a check up. Also, they had to start pushing my jaw forward.

Didn't mention this in the post before, I realized. With this surgery they put a contraption in my mouth that connects to the jaw and brings the jaw forward a bit every day. So, morning and evening I have to turn two wheels in my mouth that make the bone inch forward a millimeter daily. It's called "distraction osteogenesis" and hurts like hell. Well, I'll just have to bare it. This is gonna go on for half a year. Not happy about it, but after all the wonderful support I got from you, the talk I had with my mum and the fact that my friends have finally visited, I feel like I'm up for that now. Really, thank you all again. You've helped me so much just with your wonderful supportive comments.

It's just great that we have a community here that cares for each other.

:romance-grouphug:
Cheery

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

We are all always here for you Cheery. Six months may sound like a long time but I'm sure it will fly by and please keep us up to date with how it is going or even if you just feel the need to brain dump
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

Hopefully the 6 months will pass quickly! So glad your friends dropped in to see you. Sometimes time gets away from people and they don't realize how long it's been.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

Or maybe people pm you and you don't even notice :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Hang in there, Cheery. It'll all be worth it in the end. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm

After its all over and done Cheery it will seem like a bad dream in the past. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raisindot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Cheery, the last thing you want is people giving you advice BUT since you are very open about your situation and clearly do have a good sense of humor, you might want to consider starting a blog that provides a running account of your situation. If you try to make it humorous--especially self-deprecating kind that focuses on your frustrations without seeming bitter--you'll not only get people to 'understand' your situation, but could provide a really good forum for others to learn more about your situation, a community of people (beyond this forum) who will become your virtual 'supporters' during this period. Just a thought.
raisindot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Hugs to Cheery, and take no notice - they're NOT friends if they say nasty stuff to you.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:13 pm

raisindot wrote:Cheery, the last thing you want is people giving you advice BUT since you are very open about your situation and clearly do have a good sense of humor, you might want to consider starting a blog that provides a running account of your situation. If you try to make it humorous--especially self-deprecating kind that focuses on your frustrations without seeming bitter--you'll not only get people to 'understand' your situation, but could provide a really good forum for others to learn more about your situation, a community of people (beyond this forum) who will become your virtual 'supporters' during this period. Just a thought.

I've actually started something like that already. Only via youtube. This was hanging around in my head for a long time and I came to the same conclusion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_AV93-Kcg I'll do just document it via video the whole way through. See if that helps. I already got some support from others, one of them just had her surgery aswell.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm

I just watched it and left a comment. Cheery, if you hadn't mentioned the problem, I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed. You are a very pretty girl. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm

What he said - only without the comment leaving.

Is that Indiana Jones behind you? (Sorry, I'm as easily distracted as a kitten.)
cheery_j.

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

:oops: gee, thank you :lol:
Well, I guess I just notice it more... I know it makes me look younger. Like, 16 instead of 19 XD
Cheery

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Good video Cheery, I look forward to the updates and I agree with Tony, if you hadn't said I would never have noticed there was a problem. Hope all goes well
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Cheery » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 pm

cheery_j. wrote:What he said - only without the comment leaving.

Is that Indiana Jones behind you? (Sorry, I'm as easily distracted as a kitten.)

Yeah XD With half his head cut off. It's that picture: http://artsytarts.deviantart.com/art/Na ... -206914848
Made it myself. Not to brag :P :lol:

Also, discworld stamps above my head and a dftba sticker on the mirror XD
Cheery

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum