How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 pm

If you eat after your gym workout Alanz it ups your metabolic rate to burn more off, but not pig out though.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TinatheConfused » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey Dug, we are working on getting the first sets down pat, then we will do a couple of small gigs to videotape for bar owners to check on Youtube or hand them a DVD. It is going well atm. I still live with the fear that they will dump us, but my counselor has assured me this is probably just insecurity talking to my head late at night.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm

TinatheConfused wrote:Hey Dug, we are working on getting the first sets down pat, then we will do a couple of small gigs to videotape for bar owners to check on Youtube or hand them a DVD. It is going well atm. I still live with the fear that they will dump us, but my counselor has assured me this is probably just insecurity talking to my head late at night.

I Look forward to seeing you on Youtube Tina, :handgestures-thumbupleft:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 am

I had to tell my boss just now that he'd be getting a reference request from an adoption agency. He didn't seem best pleased, or maybe he just didn't think to say anything... but if I was telling him I was pregnant, I think it would have gone differently. So that made me feel a bit wierd, and I'm wishing he didn't have to know. Ah well! Maybe it's just surprising news, and when the time comes it'll all be smiles :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 am

I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very depressed.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am

Is there a reason for that?

I'm annoyed. I spent 6 hours in my flat last Monday waiting for a charity to collect my sofa. The flat is all but empty. They didn't turn up. When I called, I was told they had turned up but nobody answered the door. My reply to that was that the main entrance has a buzzer and if the letting agent managed to use it before I left, it should have worked earlier in the day too. Was also told they parked in my parking space which was in numbered. I found this amazing as none of the parking spaces are numbered. I questioned the work ethic of the driver in my own unique way.
10 minutes later when my partner phoned back after they had hung up on me, they said they would collect it today between 9-9:30am. I waited in silence. Once again, they failed to turn up and once again, they hung up on me (maybe I should control my language but I don't appreciate being kept waiting for nothing).
I officially have to be out of the flat in a few weeks so have time to get rid of the sofa so I think it'll be a council collect job.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Quatermass » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

Plenty of reasons, Bickaxe, some trivial, some not, all contributing the whole state of ennui that I feel. However, two current reasons come to mind: I have writer's block, and the announcement of the TP Prize shortlisting is soon, and I don't think I'm going to be on it.

Quite frankly, if I posted on this thread every time I was depressed, Tony would have to make a new thread far more often. I only posted now partly because of the TP forum nature of the depression, and partly because I had the brainwave of using an image of, and quoting, Marvin. So even when depressed, I do have a perverse sense of humour. Some of the time, anyway.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Dotsie wrote:I had to tell my boss just now that he'd be getting a reference request from an adoption agency. He didn't seem best pleased, or maybe he just didn't think to say anything... but if I was telling him I was pregnant, I think it would have gone differently. So that made me feel a bit wierd, and I'm wishing he didn't have to know. Ah well! Maybe it's just surprising news, and when the time comes it'll all be smiles :)

Sorry Dotsie. :( Hugs! Some people are just awkward. Try not to think about it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Q, sorry you're feeling down. Hugs for you too!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Catch-up wrote:Sorry Dotsie. :( Hugs! Some people are just awkward. Try not to think about it.

Thank you! I just wanted some sympathy :oops: There's a woman here who's pregnant, and it's all wonderful! Which of course it is, but, you know.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Q, I can sympathise with you. Depression is horrible. I hope thing are better soon.

Dotsie, I know what you mean. Workplaces can be strange things. The amount of people I gave to collection for when they were pregnant or getting married or going into hospital for something "normal". But when I was admitted to hospital with depression and was off for six months, I never heard a thing - not so much as a card. :roll:

It's your own fault of course - you've fallen outside "normal" categories. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I think that's a compliment :D
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Quatermass wrote:Plenty of reasons, Bickaxe, some trivial, some not, all contributing the whole state of ennui that I feel. However, two current reasons come to mind: I have writer's block, and the announcement of the TP Prize shortlisting is soon, and I don't think I'm going to be on it.

Things tend to add up, and it's hard not to put them all in the same 'box' in your mind. Hope you feel better soon Q.
Dotsie

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Quatermass wrote:I have writer's block, and the announcement of the TP Prize shortlisting is soon, and I don't think I'm going to be on it.

Maybe a distraction or a break from writing might help to get you back on track.
You should have more confidence in yourself. Your chances are significantly improved by the fact that I didn't enter :D

Does that help?
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum