Run Chris, Run!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Run Chris, Run!

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/22/lock-up-y ... f-3554924/

A giant asbestos-infected tarantula is feared to be on the loose on the streets of Cardiff after a gruesome attic discovery.

The alarm was raised after a team of asbestos removal experts from Kuston Vorland found its recently-shed skin in an abandoned 19th century house in the Roath area on Tuesday.

Experts believe the creature could have doubled in size to seven inches, with its exposure to asbestos making it potentially even more dangerous to the public.

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Run Chris, Run!

Postby Tiffany » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Well, it's not April the first yet, I did wonder, :) so can't be a hoax. The snow/cold weather will kill it though.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

:lol: I'm closer than that to chris. But I don't mind spiders and don't see what all the fuss is about asbestos. Most people of my age lived with asbestos for years with no apparent ill effect. Indeed, when they discovered that it had been used as a building material in my school, they evacuated the whole school apart from my year as we were taking out O Levels.

It was kind of fun to have the whole school to ourselves and the builders. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Isn't Chris in Cardiff, or was it you I was finkin' abaaaat?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 pm

im in swansea bouncy but at the moment im running a job in an asbestos riddled hospital in maesteg, and i know three people with asbestotsis and they are dying no cure, its fine if you leave it alone but if its moved or pierced one single piece of dust can kill you. teachers are high on the danger list because they used to pin things to school walls and get contaminated
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I didn't realise that, chris. I know that at one time it was seen as some kind of wonder material for fireproofing. I think I saw an old information film from, possibly the 50s, saying how amazing it was. :roll:
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Tonyblack

Return to The Broken Drum