Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Penfold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 am

I know exactly what you mean Sister about lack of sleep when on night shifts. My shift pattern changes so much over my three day week (night shift to day, to inbetween split shift) that my body often doesn't know what time zone it's in.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 am

Oh yeah.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 am

Penfold wrote:I know exactly what you mean Sister about lack of sleep when on night shifts. My shift pattern changes so much over my three day week (night shift to day, to inbetween split shift) that my body often doesn't know what time zone it's in.

I know where your coming from Penfold, I do 3 days then 3 Nights then 3 Days off and have been doing that or similar for 20 years now and i'm still not totally used to it :D
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

It's unbelievable the amount of packaging you have to get through just to get some toys out of their box.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Oh so true Catch-up. :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Catch-up wrote:It's unbelievable the amount of packaging you have to get through just to get some toys out of their box.

Leave them in the box - they'll be worth a fortune one day . . . maybe. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Catch-up wrote:Batty, how did the appointment go today?

My body can't seem to decide if it's sick or not. I go back and forth between feeling fine and being sure I'm coming down with something horrible.

Thanks for asking. The GP has decided not to send me for an MRI yet. He's convinced everything can be explained by the fall, and hitting my head on the table, and told me that if I'm still having problems after 3 months, to go back.

I was always told that 'where there's no sense, there's no feeling', but my head obviously disagrees! :lol:

Take care of yourself, Catch-up. Feeling fine one minute and not the next is a hassle. You don't know whether to dose yourself up with medicine, or wait and see if anything develops.

Tony, if I was in your shoes (then I'd be scuffling along, 'cause your feet are bigger than mine ...), I'd email / write to the idiots along the lines of: 'As you have been informed of MANY times before, I do not have a television. Any further contact by you I will consider to be harassment! '
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chillicamper » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:45 am

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/classi ... d-to-1974/

It's a good thing in general..........just a shame that Jose the camper is registered 1st Jan 1975. :roll: :roll: Wish they would brng back the rolling 30 year exemption.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 am

Tony, I hope your dilemma gets sorted out soon, :D

When i was in the Navy living in Fareham,It was a hot evening and we were sat outside, A TV Detector Van pulled up and the driver got out, asked us if we knew where a certain couple lived, I told him i didn't know because if their detectors are so good why did he need to ask. :?:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 am

Alanz wrote:Tony, I hope your dilemma gets sorted out soon, :D

When i was in the Navy living in Fareham,It was a hot evening and we were sat outside, A TV Detector Van pulled up and the driver got out, asked us if we knew where a certain couple lived, I told him i didn't know because if their detectors are so good why did he need to ask. :?:

As I think I mentioned before, I worked in the post office and the PO was contracted to do the TV Licence investigations, so I knew a few of the people doing it. I have it on very good authority that those vans are next to useless for detecting a TV.

If you wanted to detect if a TV was being used, you'd have to start at the boundary of a house with the setting for BBC1 and drive to the other boundary and then repeat the procedure for all the possible channels that might be being watched - always assuming that the TV set was on in the first place. So terraced houses and flats were out of the question. And even if they could gain the evidence that there was a TV set being used in a house, that evidence was not allowed to be used in court. I don't know if that's changed or the vans have got any better.

But another thing I do know about them that really does work is that they were sent into an area where they'd make themselves as visible as possible - shopping centres etc. and suddenly people like me working on the Post Office counter, would sell a lot of TV licences. They were largely used for propaganda purposes and it suited the investigators that people thought they could see through walls - or whatever. :roll:

The vans (there were only a very few of them throughout the country) used to work in different towns and cities. Most investigators used to drive around in their own cars.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 am

Oh right :oops:
Alanz

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Why is that embarrassing? This is a safe space!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Soz wrong Smilie :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm

It happens to the best of us, see nobodies Perfect, but i'm so close it scares me :lol:
Alanz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum