How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:24 pm

What do the Fire brigade tell you to do Tony :?: , it's not try and fight the fire, If it's a little one maybe but not in that case where the was smoke coming under the door, It was contained so leave it to the experts
Alanz

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 pm

That's because your safety is their concern. They would tell you not to risk your lives to save others, but some people undoubtedly would. And I think they're right to try. Risking your life to save belongings is not worth the risk though, but I guess most people can't tell when they're actually risking their life.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 pm

i blame this completely on messers terry pratchett and tony black, one of the boys was carrying a length of 4x2 over his shoulder into a room i was in and i didnt see him(can you guess where this is going), he shouted "duck" and what did i do in my infinite wisdom i turned around and said" what duck" and got smacked in the head :roll: no blood but a big lump :lol: :lol: so im not talking to either tony or if im lucky im not talking to sir terry either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Always look around you Chris :D

Hope the lump goes down soon
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 pm

chris.ph wrote:i blame this completely on messers terry pratchett and tony black, one of the boys was carrying a length of 4x2 over his shoulder into a room i was in and i didnt see him(can you guess where this is going), he shouted "duck" and what did i do in my infinite wisdom i turned around and said" what duck" and got smacked in the head :roll: no blood but a big lump :lol: :lol: so im not talking to either tony or if im lucky im not talking to sir terry either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See! See! I always said this would happen to a Pratchett fan one of these days! You should write to Terry and demand an apology. ;) :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm

:lol: poor chris!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Where was his hard hat? :naughty:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Poor Chris.

Did you know you shouldn't drink when you have a head wound? runs :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Rap, so glad no one was hurt! I understand why you went in to try to alert people. But I also understand Alanz's point and kind of want to yell at you too. That was very risky! Firemen tell you to get out and stay out so that they don't have one more person to rescue and possibly lose. Not that I'm yelling at you here... it was very noble... just sayin'.

Chris.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 am

I know, but it didn't feel right not to try, least till they got there.

Alan, no the door was open (or gone, couldn't tell), the fire was out in the hall along the ceiling. that was the issue, it wasn't contained at all till we started spraying and pushed it back through the doorway. just couldn't get any further cause we kept running out and it would push back out.

but its over now. another "fun" story to tell.

Chris, :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:10 am

Put it all down to experience Rapt, I used to do alot of Fire fighting in the RN, so i've seen a few, but hey as i said it's best to get everyone out and stay out so well done :D
Alanz

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 pm

chris.ph wrote:... one of the boys was carrying a length of 4x2 over his shoulder into a room i was in and i didnt see him(can you guess where this is going), he shouted "duck" and what did i do in my infinite wisdom i turned around and said" what duck" and got smacked in the head :roll: no blood but a big lump :lol: :lol: so im not talking to either tony or if im lucky im not talking to sir terry either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone called you a 'plank', yet?? :lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Joolz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Carpal tunnel op on my right hand 30th May Yay!! All of June off work :lol: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Joolz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 pm

chris.ph wrote:i blame this completely on messers terry pratchett and tony black, one of the boys was carrying a length of 4x2 over his shoulder into a room i was in and i didnt see him(can you guess where this is going), he shouted "duck" and what did i do in my infinite wisdom i turned around and said" what duck" and got smacked in the head :roll: no blood but a big lump :lol: :lol: so im not talking to either tony or if im lucky im not talking to sir terry either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Joolz wrote:Carpal tunnel op on my right hand 30th May Yay!! All of June off work :lol: :lol:

All that free time, but you can't use your hand. What are you going to do with yourself?
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum