Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:13 pm

It's certainly a ridiculous situation Tony, made worse by their digging their heels in over insisting on carrying out an inspection at the premises, which as we've said in previous discussions is not mandatory as you are within your rights to refuse them entry to your property.

I would say this is a fairly standard 'scare' communication to panic you into doing something you've already said is unnecessary many times over, to avoid them taking you to court - in other words it's to save them the trouble and expense of doing so and having to prove that you're evading payment. The thing is that if you absolutely ignore this latest missive they just might be able to turn around and use that against you as proof that you're being deliberately uncooperative and evasive and so court action is now their only recourse to their proof that you need a TV licence.

If I still worked at a county court and this was a debt company solicitor's panic letter I'd suggest you respond to them online as it says on the form to confirm your stance and telling them to do their worst if they still insist in not believing you're rightly exempt from needing a TV licence on the simple grounds that you do not own a TV and have, as is your right, merely denied them access to confirm this on an eyeball basis. By doing that you take away their last card by facing them down and showing the district judge taking the case that you have gone to extraordinary lengths to 'evade' payment by simply telling them the truth all along - that you don't need to have a TV licence at all. Any person who was truly dodging the licence fee wouldn't have resisted this long and would either have caved in and bought the damn licence or let them in after chucking the TV out pro temps if they were hardened dodgers :roll: Just because you happen to live in flats where other people have TVs doesn't mean you have to let them poke around your home on their say so because they think you're telling porkies... :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 am

Had a Nightmare on Sunday night 9pm the Carbon Monoxide alarm went off, Well we had to turn everything off Gas off at the Mains, No Heating No Hot water till Monday morning only to find out that it was the Detector, still better safe than sorry :D
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 am

Thats a Bugger, Alanz.

Tony, I think they're bluffing. There's no actual court date, and they're just trying to intimidate you.

Must be awful if you're a pensioner or some other vulnerable person, who legitimately doesn't have a licence, to be bullied like this.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Thats a Bugger, Alanz.

Tony, I think they're bluffing. There's no actual court date, and they're just trying to intimidate you.

Must be awful if you're a pensioner or some other vulnerable person, who legitimately doesn't have a licence, to be bullied like this.

Exactly! That's what I really object to - the bullying tactics. I have heard of people with no TV set getting so frightened they've actually bought a licence. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am

I said to the Wife that we'd better turn the Gas supply off, just to be on the safe side, We don't want to wake up Dead :?:
Alanz

Postby wicked woman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am

Very glad you ain't dead Alanz.

My Windows Live work email is playing up again, shows me the inbox but won't let me open anything. :twisted: Was mildly querky till they improved it a couple of months ago. Time to get a new one I think.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks i wasn't the last time i looked :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:30 pm

I think you need to hang this up on your profile
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:32 pm

I'll have to get one made up, just in case :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 pm

:D
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

A Pendant would be nice :lol:
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 pm

wicked woman wrote:Very glad you ain't dead Alanz.

My Windows Live work email is playing up again, shows me the inbox but won't let me open anything. :twisted: Was mildly querky till they improved it a couple of months ago. Time to get a new one I think.

Switch to Skype. They're shutting down MSN in the near future.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:Thats a Bugger, Alanz.

Exactly! That's what I really object to - the bullying tactics. I have heard of people with no TV set getting so frightened they've actually bought a licence. :?

They drive me round the twist as well. Nothing you say will convince them you aren't lying. :roll: :evil:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I think I've said this before, but when I went without a TV for a year, I wrote to them and told them I was without, and that they were welcome to come round and check at anytime.

Never heard from them again, until I re-upped and got a telly and licence!

Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm

So that's a...good news then..? :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum